Whats Jillian Michals 30day Shred/Shed?

Options
Im curious as to what it is. i hear about it, and read about it. I just dont know enough about
it to consider purchasing it. Is it a DVD or a xbox/ps3 thing?
I go to the gym every day, and begining to do pilates and yoga each twice a week.

Thanks!

Replies

• feliciapeters
    feliciapeters Posts: 525
    Options
    Its a dvd

3 6 minute circuits

3 minutes strength
    2 minutes cardio
    1 minute abs
  • feliciapeters
    feliciapeters Posts: 525
    Options
    about 10.00most everywhere

My first full week on it with my regular gym & a better diet
    I lost 5lbs
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is a workout dvd. It consists of three workouts (levels 1, 2, and 3). The idea is you workout EVERY day for 30 days. 10 days on level 1, 10 on 2, and 10 on three. Each workout consists of 3 circuits and each circuit consists of 3 mins of strength, 2 mins of cardio, and 1 min of abs. There is a warm up and cool down for each workout as well. Each workout (from warm up through cool down) runs about 25 minutes. If you want to go look at my blog, I recently finished the 30 Day Shred and I posted before and after pics. I highly recommend it. It's tough, but it's short and it gets results. Hope I helped some. Any questions, feel free to ask :)
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've lost quite a bit doing it. I'm currently doing it for a 3rd time and I'm on day 20 and I am thrilled with the results. :) And the work-outs are only 27 minutes long!
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I just started it on Mother's Day. It is great because it is short, but powerful. I am sweating my butt off and sore the next day.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    If you have a hardcore workout routine already, I wouldn't bother with it. I only use it for days I don't have time to do anything else.
  • angelaplaxton
    Options
    It appears that for this DVD i need weights and dumbells.. ? say wha! thats more money.
  • tigo1122
    tigo1122 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It appears that for this DVD i need weights and dumbells.. ? say wha! thats more money.

i use soup cans!!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    To be Honest...I completed the program because i started a challenge with others...But I HATE this DVD...seriously.....by far the worse she has done to me....
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I agree with SexyCook!! It was hard for me to keep doing the same thing over and over... But if it gets you the results you want I say go for it...
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Yep, it does use dumbbells, but they aren't too expensive at Target, especially the lighter ones. If you haven't been doing anything with weights, you'll want to start with a set of 3lbs anyway and work your way up. And you can always use cans, like someone else mentioned, but I think they are harder to hold onto! :tongue:

You mentioned Shred and Shed in your title - there is another Jillian DVD out there called Extreme Shed & Shred - use the search feature here & you'll find info on that one. But 30 Day Shred is a great one to start with! You get a great workout in 20 minutes. :smile:

If you're on a tight budget, look for it online, you might find it for less, plus watch for sales at Target, it goes cheap pretty often. Sometimes they have sales on the dumbbells too, or check Craigslist or thrift shops for some - people are always getting rid of stuff.