YOU WILL LOVE THESE! Mini Scotch Tomatoes

Options
wasveganvictoria88
wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
I LOVE scotch eggs...but yes theyre fried and cover in the last bits of meat clinging to go knows what and then your egg has probably only seen light when you opened the eggbox...soooo I made these delectable treats which are soooo morish and 116kcals for 4 medium sized ones which are filling because of the protein. Go lovely with a bit of wholegrain mustard :)

You can get the meat-free sausage mix from Asda or any major supermarkets...or try your local health store for some less known brand names :) DON'T use stuffing mix, as it doesn't stick well - unless you want to increase the calories by double and add an egg.

Serve for yourself or make a big batch for a guilt free buffet treat.

Mini Scotch Tomatoes

4 cherry tomatoes
1/4 a pack (about 40g) of meat-free sausage mix
Seasoning

Put your sausage mix in a bowl and keep adding a little bit of water (like making pastry) until you get a soft and a little sticky mixture.

Leave for 10 minutes to do its thing.

Coat your tomatoes in the mixture - I found putting a big blob on one part of the tomato and then rolling quickly in my hand worked best.

Either dry fry (or low cal spray fry - don't forget to add cals!), or stick them in a medium oven for about 10-15mins (they won't get so brown though so depends if you're bothered or not!)

Serve with a teaspoon of hot wholegrain mustard and salad.

Trust me, they are divine! A whole pack of sausage mix will make 16 mini scotch tomatoes!

Replies