New Here! - Mom looking to lose weight!

Options
Hello I am new here! I have a daughter who is 14 months old and I am finally motivated to work out and diet. I actually started about a month ago and have continued working out and eating better/less the entire time. I am pretty proud of myself. I was 195 before I had my daughter. I got up to 230, it probably would of been less but she was not growing and I was told to double my calories while on best rest :X blah. Any way she was 4 lbs at birth and I lost 10 lbs. That was IT. Nothing was budging. I did weight watchers and got down from 220 to 200. I have been stuck here for a while and about a month ago I started doing the 30 day shred (about 3-4x a week) plus running/jogging 2-3 miles (2-3x a week). I am now down to about 195. It's been almost a month and I hate how the lbs are dropping so slowly. I guess because I am building muscle? I am back to my pre pregnancy weight but I want to be at least 165 (I am taller so this is a perfect weight for me) and anything less would be a bonus. Based on Lose It! app and on here I should be eating about 1400-1500 calories a day which I do. I also eat all my exercise calories. Should I be eating those calories or not so I lose weight faster? I also recently in the past week have added in ab ripper x 3x a week. I fit in most of my pre pregnancy clothes but not all of them which really bugs me. Does all this sound right? Am I doing the right things to get toned, lose weight and fit into my old clothes (and then some!)? Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• joseejolie
    joseejolie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm looking for friends to help me. I have a lot to lose but I'd like to take the journey with you!
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sounds like our journeys are similar. I'm sending a request.
  • ltupola
    ltupola Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Your story reminds me a lot about my own. One thing to remember is to measure your inches, around your waist, hips, neck, arms and legs. I am back to my prepregnancy weight, but I know I am not nearly as fit as I was when I got pregnant, if that makes sence. Inches will keep you motivated even if the scale doesn't. But once that fat starts to come off, the scale will move....just have to wait for it.
  • pebblesbuddy
    pebblesbuddy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    thank you thank you! I actually did take measurements about a month ago. I will post all of them tonight! Tomorrow is my weight in. I am scared. I am hoping for at least 1 lb. I have been working out so much that I have a feeling it won't be a lot since I am building a ton of muscle. On a side note a pair of jeans I couldn't get past my thighs I just put on tonight and I can get them up over my waist! I can't button them but hey it's a start!!