muscle replacing fat

Options
I am trying to lose weight but, i cant seem to lose my pounds but I am getting more muscles, is my fat being replaced by muscles?

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    It's possible to lose fat tissue and gain lean tissue at the same time. Keep in mind lean tissue is more than just muscle - sinew and bone as well. You won't lose:gain in a 1:1 ratio, though. You retain a lot of water.
  • mcasprin
    mcasprin Posts: 14
    Options
    muscle dosnt replace fat as fat overlaps muscle the more fat you drop the more your muscles will show
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    You are a young guy with a lot of testosterone. Are you doing weight training? It usually takes some time to buiild new muscle tissue But if you are a beginer at weight training you might experience what is called beginners gains. It's also hard to build new muscle tissue in a dietary deficit. What you are probably experiencing is that when you begin training muscles they retain water and glycogen (glucose derived energy) for rebuilding and to be ready for the next training. This can account for a couple of pounds or more depending on your size.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight but, i cant seem to lose my pounds but I am getting more muscles, is my fat being replaced by muscles?

You burn off fat and you build up muscle.

If you take in too many calories and do not use them up, you will store fat. Your muscles need to be worked in order to remain, otherwise they whither quite quickly - look at somebody who has had their arm or leg in a plaster cast for a few weeks and you will see what I mean.

Calories in -v- calories out is something you need to be aware of and inparticular you need to use up more calories that you consume, otherwise it stores as fat.

Fat cannot turn into muscle and muscle cannot transform into fat.