Can and do men do the JM 30 day shred?

Options
I know that may come across as and ignorant or sexist question but its not intended as so. I can get my hands on a copy and me and the misses can do it but was wondering if it is targeted to women? Most exercises are the same and the only one that will witness me doing it is my Wife. hopefully she would do it too. Any input form anyone would be great and I would be especially interested to hear form guys who have done it or are doing it.

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I know that may come across as and ignorant or sexist question but its not intended as so. I can get my hands on a copy and me and the misses can do it but was wondering if it is targeted to women? Most exercises are the same and the only one that will witness me doing it is my Wife. hopefully she would do it too. Any input form anyone would be great and I would be especially interested to hear form guys who have done it or are doing it.

Sure you can...why not? As to its effectiveness...for either of you, that's up for debate.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah-- any one can do it!!! Just dont take offense when she calls you lady :tongue:

It is a great work out- my husband has started it!
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    my husband does 30ds with me......it may aimed towards females however he enjoys it.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    There are no exercises in there that are geared specifically towards women. So absolutely you can do it! She does say "ladies", but eh....you can always mute it!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    My bf does 30ds with me now, he likes to yell at the TV and tell Jillian what a b***h she is lmao
    I take some satisfaction in knowing that he finds it difficult too since he trash talked me before he tried it.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    There have been some good before/after threads on here where men did the Shred and got some really good results - I showed one in particular to my husband to convince him to workout with me. Men would tend to use bigger weights and you would want to have a few different sets available so you can use whatever you're able to use on each particular exercise. I got my husband doing Ripped in 30 with me after we finished the Shred together. I can see definite differences in him - more substantial chest, arms, and shoulders, and his stomach area is smaller. His posture is better too which makes everything look better. Keep in mind he was not doing any exercise before he started, I think people tend to get the best results from something like this if they are using it as a way to kick start themselves into exercising. If you're already in pretty good shape you might not get the same dramatic results that 'newbies' get.

And hey as a bonus the guys get to watch 3 nice looking women on TV throughout the workout. LOL
  • scorpiorlr
    scorpiorlr Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My bf does 30ds with me now, he likes to yell at the TV and tell Jillian what a b***h she is lmao
    I take some satisfaction in knowing that he finds it difficult too since he trash talked me before he tried it.

That put a funny visual in my head thanks for the smile.

I figured so much that it could be done. I dont think I will be offended if she calls my wife nad I ladies. Its just something additional to do with the cardio and gym work outs and its QT with the boss.
  • Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing as Ive roped my other half into doing it with me- helps keep me motivated and we compete with each other! But I was wondering whether he would just end up slimmed down (because he doesnt need to lose weight just bulk up and become fitter!)
    xxx
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    There are some rought part of it, anyone can do it!
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options

Jillian's workouts are awesome! I've done quite a few of them (though not 30DS).

I'm currently doing Body Revolution (her 90 day program) and love it. Great workout - good amount of cardio, great amount of strength training. As a guy, I would just suggest using heavier weights than they do in the videos... but her pace will kick your butt, no matter what.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah you can ! My husband did the full 30 days with me back in jan. He lost weight and inches. He just used higher weights than I did.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    My friend and her hubby do the 30 DS together.
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    I don't see why you can't do the program.....but I found something that she is involved with that I like a whole lot better. It's the Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Power Sculpt DVDs. Both men and women are in the workout. There are three levels...each level you do for two weeks. You can see brief excerpts of the videos on You Tube. But in the meantime if you want to do the 30DS...knock yourself out. Good luck! :smile:
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My husband is doing 30DS with me. He likes to mock/make fun of Jillian the whole time but he does think it's a tough workout.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Unless it says "ovaries required" on the DVD, I see no reason why you can't do it.
  • Starleng
    Starleng Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband does it. He just uses heavier weights.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    you better not, you might hurt your pecker

jk

to me it is a girl video, especially when she says "stick your tush out ladies, if you go it flaunt it" (or something like that)

ofcourse it would be awesome if you did it together, go for it!!
  • millers617
    millers617 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband does it. He just uses heavier weights.

Exact same here, he uses two different weights. And my husband yells at Jillian too especially during the punches! He also uses the girl that doesn't do the modified as a guide.
  • La1210
    La1210 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Heck Ya!!! My husband and my 14 yr old son (who's on the high school wrestling team) both do it. They use 25 lb weights, I use 5. They also do level 2 and 3, but that's because they are more physically fit than I am. But all in all it works for them too.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Yep. My husband is on round 2 of the shred with me now.