Not new, but fresh!

Options
Hi yall! I had to delete my old account because I could not change my starting weight again and to be honest, I needed a fresh start.

Heres me: I'm 23, Im going thru a divorce , I'm just learning what its like to have friends again, I'm slowly building my life back...This year is about me!

Im not gungho on a diet, just choosing to do a few things differently...I'm trying to change my lifestyle and i'mdoing it for me.

I'm not doing it for you, for my ex, for my boyfriend, for my friends, or my job, or new clothes, I'm doing it for me, so that I feel better.

On a different note, I have discovered lots of things lately that have changed, such as, I prefer to workout in the morning, whereas, i used to only like to work out at night....ive become a bit of an OCD optimist and i'm ridiculously cheerful all the time :)

I love life now, I just want to live long enough to properly enjoy it!!

I'm currently at 236..My immediate goal is 200, my long term goal is 150 or whatever feels right :)

-Helena

Replies

• Dianesprings
    Dianesprings Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You go, Girl! I'm 59, divorced 20 years ago, and I remember how I felt when I actually did get my life straightened out, so get ready for some enlightening times and some good feelings about yourself! I'm sorry about the divorce though. Divorce hurts so many people on both sides of the marriage...enough of that talk!

I am also in the 200's, joined last year and did nothing, so re-joined last week and you're right about the weight not changing! I didn't re-join, but stayed with the same "thing" and now my loss last week doesn't show up. Maybe it will next week.

Anyway, I know I'm older than you, but I'd love to be your friend and lose that weight with you. My goal right now is 190 - would love to be 150 again, but I'll never be able to maintain it, I don't think. Although maybe I'll get into this and really be surprised! Right now, my IMMEDIATE goal is 199.9...I just want to be out of these 200's! :)

I'm at 208.6 - started at 213 last week. Wanna do this together? Young and old?? :)
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I too am an OCD optimist (first time i've heard it phrased that way). I watch/take in anything positive I can get my hands on. I find myself watching LOTS of various YouTube videos that are positive, informational, funny, etc. Anything I can do to get my daily fix of cheer. :)

Congrats on doing this for you. I haven't quite figured out my workout schedule, but I also decided to make some lifestyle changes so that I can get healthier and feel better in general. My goal weight is 160 for now even though my dr wants me to get down in the 130s. Baby steps. :) I'll send you a friends request.

Good luck and welcome.
  • xxxhelenaxxx
    xxxhelenaxxx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! It really is a breath of fresh air to be back on MFP! I missed it and I remember now why I joined in the first place!