I NEED help! Can't do it on my own!

Options
I'm Alisha, I am currently 223 pounds. I want to be 140. (by Septmeber) I have 2 children.

Starting Weight: (SW): 223 lbs.
Current Weight (CW): 223 lbs.
Short Term Goal Weight (STGW): 210 lbs.
Long Term Goal Weight (LTGW): 140 lbs.

I REALLY need motivation and help! I can't do this alone!

MESSAGE AND ADD ME PLEASE!!!!

Replies

• stephmccurley
    stephmccurley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your body can do ANYTHING! It's your brain you have to convince. I tell myself this at least 100 times a day!! I have a long way to go on my weight loss journey and it seems daunting at times but you have to look at small goals. I tell myself I want to lose 5 lbs this week. And that 5 lbs is all I worry about!! Why do you think you can't do it on your own?
  • alishahope11
    Options
    I just need motivation!!! (:
  • AnGee89
    AnGee89 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started this today. I feel the same way. I have gained 100+ lbs in 4 yrs. Dr's don't know why. I've never had a weight problem before. I've always been active and thin-one of those girls who could eat anything and it woudln't even matter. Now I think I gain weight just by breathing.
    Anyways, I will help U in what ever I can. The hardest part is the beginning. I was just entering my excercises for the day and thought I would add 5 minutes of stair climbing. I died after 1 minute. I was so discouraged that I felt like just crying and giving up. I had to go back in and change it to only 1 minute. But you know what? 1 minute is more than I would have done if it weren't for this site. It's 1 minute more than I did yesterday. I did do other excercises too (walking & st. bike) but I know it's real frustrating starting out. I used to be in aerobics with no effort. Ugh! I would be too embarassed to go into a class in my shape right now. Anyways, hang in there and good luck!
  • AnGee89
    AnGee89 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started this today. I feel the same way. I have gained 100+ lbs in 4 yrs. Dr's don't know why. I've never had a weight problem before. I've always been active and thin-one of those girls who could eat anything and it woudln't even matter. Now I think I gain weight just by breathing.
    Anyways, I will help U in what ever I can. The hardest part is the beginning. I was just entering my excercises for the day and thought I would add 5 minutes of stair climbing. I died after 1 minute. I was so discouraged that I felt like just crying and giving up. I had to go back in and change it to only 1 minute. But you know what? 1 minute is more than I would have done if it weren't for this site. It's 1 minute more than I did yesterday. I did do other excercises too (walking & st. bike) but I know it's real frustrating starting out. I used to be in aerobics with no effort. Ugh! I would be too embarassed to go into a class in my shape right now. Anyways, hang in there and good luck!
  • stephmccurley
    stephmccurley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    AnGee you have the right attitude! It is 1 min more than yesterday!! Always start small and build up from there. I will help you guys anyway I can. I had problems with motivation when I first started working out but now I have papers all around my workout area that have motivational phrases on them and I always tell myself that this is for me!!! If I don't do it no one will do it for me and I want my life back! Hope this helps.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    hi alisha.

i think 80 pounds loss in 5 months is a bit unrealistic, especially if you want to keep it all off for good. probably not the answer you want to hear but the slower you lose weight, the more likely you are to keep it off for good since you wont need to do something unsustainable. plus losing weight that fast you will be losing lean body mass which you dont want to do since that helps keep your metabolism high. a more reasonable target would be 35 pounds after 5 months, 80 pounds after 12 months

we have pretty similar goals weight wise (i started at 224 and want to be 145)..

what's been working for me is eating the amount of calories i'll need at my goal weight. that way i wont have to wrorry about maintenance. i also wok out for as had as i can for 1 hour a day 6 days a week (3 days of weight lifting and 6 days of cardio anywhere from 30-60 minutes). i'm losing at a rate of 1-2 pounds a week, which doesnt sound like much, but it's 1-2 pounds of fat which translates into lots of inches and difference in clothing size
  • smkafka
    smkafka Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add. We all need motivation at times!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    i think 80 pounds loss in 5 months is a bit unrealistic, especially if you want to keep it all off for good. probably not the answer you want to hear but the slower you lose weight, the more likely you are to keep it off for good since you wont need to do something unsustainable. plus losing weight that fast you will be losing lean body mass which you dont want to do since that helps keep your metabolism high. a more reasonable target would be 35 pounds after 5 months, 80 pounds after 12 months

I agree with this. I've lost 75 pounds in eight months and people tell me how quick it was. And that was starting a lot heavier (I think I'm still heavier than you are now in fact)

There's nothing wrong with HAVING that goal as long as you realize it's ambitious and aren't crushed if it doesn't happen. If you eat the right amount of calories and exercise it will come off.

I do want to say if you keep saying you can't do this by yourself you won't. The only thing you need to do is start using positive language. You can do this you don't need others to motivate you (but you can have people support you there is a difference) Ultimatly remember this is a different way of living. You can't eat what yu want when you want. Not if yu want to lose weight. But you can have some of what you want in moderation. Start small. Don't think it will all change overnight. The best thing I did was write my goals down. Stick them on your fridge.

Good luck!
  • MummieCookie
    Options
    Please don't be scared to join a class. Feel proud that you did it and wanted to change your life. I felt like you a year ago (but also had health issues as well as being unfit and overweight) but was introduced to a wonderful lady who did classes in our local village hall so I didn't have to face all the "fitness fanatics" at the gym. I started small with pilates once a week and have now, with help of her and fellow classmates, advanced to doing 1 step class, 1 aerobics class and 1 pilates class a week. I recently had a key hole heart procedure so had to drop exercise for a few weeks but my teacher and classmates kept me going and supported me back. I joined myfitnesspal about 8 weeks ago and have lost 11lbs, so some way to go but my teacher and classmates are there to help me. The best thing I did was walk into the class ........it really has changed my life and brought me a whole host of new supportive friends. Good luck.