5'4" and shooting for 125 lbs :)

Options
2»

Replies

• KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm at 5'4 as well -- my goal is around 135 -- that weight looked good on me but if I can hit 125 I certainly wouldn't complain. Currently sitting at 161.4 and down as you can see by my ticker almost 70lbs.

I started jogging last year, but over the winter, have slacked off seriously on it and now it's a struggle to get back into it unfortunately. Hoping once we have more of a steady stream of warm weather and longer daylight hours I'll find my groove again.
  • clareiow
    clareiow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4ins and I'd love to be 125. I'm 147 at the moment and have been stuck there ever since I pulled a muscle in my hip, so I've not been able to exercise at all (taking the stairs is a struggle still :cry: )

You're looking fab I should say, its strange because I think I look much wider!! Here's a pic of me finishing my last 5k race!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62526325@N03/6885974856/

Sorry I can't paste it on here, just the link!

Could do with some motivation really, struggling to carry on with this as I sit like a couch potato going out of my mind!!!
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" as well shooting for 125-120 range. I'm 130 now. Feel free to add me and good luck on your journey. PS. You already look great!
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    Hey! Love your goal!

I am 5'4" SW of 133 and originally had a goal of 125. With the success I have had on MFP, I now have a goal of 110 and am several pounds away. The support and results have been awesome here!! Feel free to add me if you want to motivate and share your food diary!

I also was an old timer with XC.... :) Loved it so much!!
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and aiming for around 130! I have a lot more to lose, but it sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up.
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and shooting for 125. Current weight is 144ish. I stopped weighing myself a couple months ago because I hit that dreaded plateau! Just bought a really nice Horizon Treadmill last night and can't wait to put it together and push myself to get rid of those last few pounds. Good luck on your journey!!
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You look good right now--toned and fit. But I understand wanting to weigh less (that's why we're all here!). Reaching 125 will be slow going--it's harder when you're in pretty good shape and not really overweight; the last 5-10 are hard to shake; you gotta be really disciplined. I'm 5'5 and about 140 (I was 146) and I'm trying to get down to 135 or 130--I don't think I can get lower without starving myself. I'll need to see what's actually realistic. My advice--as you approach your target weight use the way your clothes fit and how your body looks as your real measures of success. We often use the scale as the most important measure of success when in reality I just want to be more toned and fit. Keep up the good work!!
  • alishadyan15
    Options
    I'm 5'4" - 5'5" and would like to reach 130. Current weight is 167. Just started MFP not too long ago, it is amazing how tracking what you eat makes such a big difference! I love it and the great motivation you recieve on here! I just need to work harder on exercising! Congrats on the run, you look great. Feel free to add me! Good Luck. =)
  • kate773439
    Options
    I am 5'6" and would love to be about 125-127. You are doing great! We have a similar issue. Not being huge, just eating like we are huge. I used to wonder why I could never drop these last ten pounds, and now I realize eating an entire box of Mrs. T's pierogies for lunch was not going to do the trick! HaHa. -- Friend me and we can keep each other motivated!
  • SVallatini
    Options
    I love my treadmill!Didn't think I would, but this girl is on it at least four times a week!Good luck with yours!Let me know what you think of it once you try it out.
  • AngieFlames
    AngieFlames Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" as well and am aiming for 130 (currently 163). I'm in the same boat! I've been working out but ignoring my food intake (until this past Monday - WOWSER it adds up fast). Well, good luck hitting your goal! I'm new here too so feel free to add me! :)

I am 5'4" as well and just hit 160lbs (3lbs lost). Aiming for 135 to 140. Feel free to add me as well!
  • lillawyernica
    Options
    I'm 5' .5" (yes, the .5" counts) and aiming for 125. I weighed myself in February and was 161, and then I saw myself on television (at first I thought "that can't be me!"). I'm trying to work out at least 5x a week (zumba, strength training and "running"). Monitoring what I eat has been a real wake up call.
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    Congrats so far to you :drinker: !! I myself am 5'4" and also looking to get down to 123-125 range, I started out 95 days ago weighing 141:blushing: and am currently at 127 :bigsmile: !! I have also realized that my main problem was also my calorie intake, since I have been using MFP and tracking it has made a huge difference for me! I also bought a Polar FT4 HRM which is a great way to track my calorie burn!! Once again congrats and good luck on this journey! Anyone looking for motivation buddies feel free to add me as I myself need some motivation these days!!:flowerforyou:
  • arr0528
    arr0528 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4" and in 4 months have only lost 10 pounds...... Any advice on how to boost the weight loss. I upped my calories to 1400 because I workout several days a week pretty hard. I have cut out a lot of foods with high sodium. I just feel like in 4 months I should have lost more.....

My mini goal is to get to 150. Right now I am 168 and I started out at 178.
  • lindseejill29
    Options
    You look great! I am also 5'4" and started at about 137-140 pounds (depending ont he day haha) trying to get down to 125! I think the biggest thing for me as well was tracking my calories. It has made the BIGGEST difference! I also want to get toned, I don't want to be skinny-fat, so I've started incorporating toning exercises as well as some killer cardio. Good luck. :) We can do it!!
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    I am 5'4.5" and aiming for 125, though I'm currently more concerned about fitness than a number on a scale.

I started at 146 a year and a half ago. I got down to 127 by June last year, but have gone back up and have been hovering around 135. Part of that was losing motivation to exercise in the winter (I hate having to exercise indoors) and part was trying to find calorie balance (1200 was okay, but isn't anymore) and start weight training (lifting heavy!).

So I'm back to aiming for about 125, but I want to do it the right way and be fit and healthy. If that means I stay at 135 but get stronger and leaner, so be it.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am technically only 5’4 ½” tall but just like your weight on the scale you sometimes have to round up or down so they round it up to 5’5" tall for me and my healthy goal weight is between 132 lbs and 143 lbs I work out 7 days a week and I think my calories are set at 1200. When I first started MFP I was around 185 lbs then I didn’t log in forgot about the site came back and have been on a roll ever sense but I have to adjust my eating habits sometimes I have to up intakes and sometimes I have to lower them.

When you hit plateau you have to adjust what you are doing till it works, every time you hit that wall you have to adjust up or down. Good Luck to you.
  • ASMartin3
    ASMartin3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump