How often do you eat/drink protein powder?

Options
GroupXZ
GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
I am trying to use it everyday, or just on days I am low on protein. How often do you use it?

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I only have my protein shakes after weight lifting.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I keep Preimier Protein in the cardboard box (pre made, not a powder) handy. I keep Pure Protein bars handy. If I'm short on time and tempted to eat badly, I eat that instead. If I'll be stuck somewhere where there's nothing healthy, I'll bring that.
    And, if I see I'm not getting enough calories,I'll add that sometimes if I'm just not hungry.
    I try to get a lot of protein, and just use it to augment too.
  • iambatman41
    Options
    Protein and fruit smoothie every morning with one scoop and lately one scoop with almond milk and water for a shake at night. I eat half a protein bar before a work out and the other half after. Sometimes I have one for a snack if I get hungry during the day.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Daily, usually 2 scoops a day since it helps me hit my protein goal and is cheap xD
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I am trying to use it everyday, or just on days I am low on protein. How often do you use it?

Lifting days (3): 1 before, 2 after
    Non-Lifting days (2): 1 as part of breakfast or a mid-morning snack. 1 as a mid-afternoon snack
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Every morning plus 1 after workouts.
  • mcasprin
    mcasprin Posts: 14
    Options
    people rely on supplements way to much. the only thing you cant get through food is creatine and you would need to eat TONS of fish to the point where you would need a doctor to help you out. if you can get your protein from foods then do that way its much better for you. but i would say if you do get protein supplements have after your workout before = you just gana burn it up for energy
  • mcasprin
    mcasprin Posts: 14
    Options
    oh and none workout days take when you wake up as your body will absorb it asap
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/CLICK-Espresso-14-Servings-15-8-Ounce-Canister/dp/B002GKEK7G/ref=pd_bxgy_hpc_img_b

Every morning as coffee. Sometimes another later in the day if I'm dragging. And a non-coffee based one on lifting days/when I want it.
  • wildboar1
    wildboar1 Posts: 88
    Options
    Considering that it is a SUPPLEMENT and not some magic potion, you need to take it only when you need to SUPPLEMENT your diet. If you're low on protein at the end of the day, have a shake.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I`m starting INSANITY workouts and just added two shakes a day into my meal plan

one in the morning with almond breeze , cup of ice , and spoon of peanut butter (yummy)
    and one with lunch , almond breeze , half cup ice , cup of frozen strawberries

Each shake gets one scoop of powder added in
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I normally have a nice dose after hitting the weights... or on days where my protein is rather low.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake with fruit after every workout (6 days a week), and when I'm low on protein for the day and don't feel like eating something.

I aim for half (or more) of my protein goal to come from food.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I don't take any supplements, I eats lots of eggs, meat and fish. Always seem to be over on my protein.

Except for today ironically pmsl
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have one to two scoops a day. I lift heavy and I need it. I use it in my oatmeal or cereal in the morning and a scoop in my smoothie after my workout. I also add it to protein peanut butter cookies and to pumpkin protein desert that I make! :)
  • cvricks
    cvricks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I eat lunch at 12:00 and workout right after work at 5:30...I have to eat something prior to working out....I used to eat an apple and peanut butter but now I just have a protein shake every day before I workout.....Only 110 calories and 2 grams of carbs....it will get me through a two hour workout!
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Every single day, two-three servings per day @ 25g of protein per serving. I always have it in the middle of the day, not after my workout.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    just started using protein powder and Luna bars this week to up my protein.
    Still need to do some tweaking to get my macros straight...higher protein, lower carbs~
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Every single day, two-three servings per day @ 25g of protein per serving. I always have it in the middle of the day, not after my workout.
    which brand do you use?
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    i just started but plan on using it 2x a day max. it adds calories (i tend to undereat accidentally) and helps me recover from my harsh workouts.