Anyone out there starting over? Again

Options
tcmay72
tcmay72 Posts: 82 Member
Wow need to feel better about the five pounds ive gained ok 7lbs. Darn Easter Bunny:0) I feel like Im on this awful ride, i call it the scale! Lose 2 gain 2. Not giving up but would love to know im not alone! Confess your diet sins here! Here gos: Milky Way Bunnies 150 cal each, the bag is gone!!!! Cheese cake from cosco with cherries, way to big of a piece. Crazy Bread with extra butter and seasoning:0( Sincerly, Ashamed TC May

Replies

• lew71854
    lew71854 Posts: 4
    Options
    My excuse is "I'll do it tomorrow" or "one time won't hurt" and the reality is I will use the same excuse tomorrow. A vicious cycle of self denial and lack of motivation. So yea, I am starting over for the fourth time this week. #lack of motivation kinda girl
  • tcmay72
    tcmay72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like the excuse " if i eat it in the middle of the night it doesnt count:0) cuz really, where do you log a cupcake eatin at 2:14am while standing almost naked in the kitchen?
  • Angelgirl040688
    Angelgirl040688 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i know how u feel i lost 60lbs then gaind 16lbs back since october.. but i have lost 7lbs in the past month since i started back on my eating healthy kick.. just keep thinking of the positive and good things will happen... at least that is what i am telling myself..
  • Iwillrunagain
    Options
    Panera Bread today......all of my 1200 calories ++++ in one meal. I did bring half of my sandwich home, but wtill will be starving the rest of the evening!!! Don't feel alone I am constantly on the rollercoaster. The only time that I can lose is when I am running and for the last year I have been struggling with a hip injury and gaining....
  • skinnydream115
    Options
    Don't even sweat it :) I have been starting over each week for about 2 years now.. ha I have a binge eating problem but this time Im not binging ever again so its been almost a whole week :D only like 2u9023327 more weeks to go!
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Don't start over! Just keep going. If you say "Time to start over" then you get the 'diet' mentality in your head, the 'oh, i'm going on a diet tomorrow so I better eat everything now."

I used to do that all the time... now have given it up but sometimes I get the urge when I slip up. Hang in there!
  • mybeach27
    mybeach27 Posts: 243
    Options
    haha yep thats me! lol im constantly doing soo good and then i jump head first off the bandwagon into a pile of cake!!! but if I can climb back up, so can u...here i will give u a hand :P
  • clizzyw
    clizzyw Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i like to say this to myself " go ahead have the midnight snack and workout longer in the morning".. which never happens!! then here comes the weight again!! who wants an apple as a midnight snack?? NOBODY!!!
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds earlier this year, and gained 7 back. I'm definitely "starting over - again"! Funny thing is, I'm not sure why I got off track last time. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out and avoid it this time. LOL I have a cruise to go on in December -- I plan on being healthy and looking good!!
  • yoashisme
    yoashisme Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I feel like that every Monday. Every week I can lose two pounds then gain it back during the weekend. For the past two weeks I did good and have lost 11 well then last weekend I gained four pounds.... I was pissed so I went out and got zumba for my wii and I normally do it on sat but not I have it at home and since Monday I have done it every night after work. I am not giving up you do t either! We are all here to give and take support so let us give you praise and advice! Keep working it and things will just come together!
  • english22609
    Options
    I just started this week. My favorite expression: Diet starts Monday. LOL Well, this week it really did. I just hope I can keep it going. The good news is I've now got my husband doing MFP too. But he's still trying to get the hang of it. And yes, there has been some little cheat eats here and there, but we are really trying to change our habits. So my new expression is: The Diet started this past Monday. Good luck to you my new fitness "pal". :flowerforyou:
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yes I have, except it was for surgery and recovery, but I lost the 5 pounds I gained and another 5!! If I can do it you can too! I started "again" March 6th. I lost a ton of inches in just a month.. I have the photo on my profile, if it's private feel free to add me. :smile:
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I would be horrified to know how much weight I've lost and gained over the years. I know there have been at least three times I've lost over 70lbs and as much as 85lbs and have gained it all back plus some everytime. Every time I say it's gonna be different. This time I'm hoping it really will be because of MFP. This time, since I started (about a year before I joined MFP) I've lost 66 lbs. Sounds good, right? I have another 150 to go.
  • lew71854
    lew71854 Posts: 4
    Options
    Favorite snack EVER!!