one diet to suit all...not too sure?

Options
Hey I was just wondering if everyone on here is following calorie counting diet or what other diets are people doing and how well is it working? I've heard a few other diets weight watcher , slimming world, south beach etc roming around here I do calorie counting ( getting a bit sick of having to weigh everything but ahh well) but it would be very interesting to see what other people are doing to succeed in their weight loss goal

Replies

• jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm on Jillian Michaels 90 Day Body Revolution. I use MFP to track my meals and act as a food diary. I also use the forums for information and inspiration.
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    Hi, I have been doing the calorie counting and using a low to mid carb diet with added nuts to help with energy dips. All based on information gleened from various peoples experiences. I always look at food diaries if people allow, Sometimes the simplest tips are in the diary,but taken for granted by the poster!
    I have also been reading books about optimum health rather than just calorie counting.
    I hope this helps.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    All diets rely on one fact that isn't in snake oil........a deficit.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting - eat what ever I want - but log everything, so I know exactly how much I eat every day - been logging just about every day for 18 months - and can't see myself stopping any time soon......

The quickest way for me to pick up weight is not to log for a week!!

Oh - and right now I eat "Paleo" - love the philosophy - and my body really loves it - no cravings, no hunger - yah!!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hey I was just wondering if everyone on here is following calorie counting diet or what other diets are people doing and how well is it working? I've heard a few other diets weight watcher , slimming world, south beach etc roming around here I do calorie counting ( getting a bit sick of having to weigh everything but ahh well) but it would be very interesting to see what other people are doing to succeed in their weight loss goal

Boring here, I just calorie count.

If I tried other types of diets, I would only have to change it all once I reached my goal., whereas this way, I can just eat more to be on maintenance when I get to my desired weight.
  • Panda_Path
    Panda_Path Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am doing my own thing but it is based off of the Medical Weight Loss Clinic "diet" (a place here in Michigan).

This is it:
    3 servings vegetables
    3 servings fruit
    2 servings proteins
    3 servings starches/carbs.

I also eat a string cheese stick or yogurt cup some days.

Along with this, I keep track of my calories and fat/protein/carb amounts here. So basically, I am just eating a balanced diet, close to what I should be eating, as a human. Pretty normal! I do not consider myself on a "diet". I can eat what I want as long as I get my portions in.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,423 Member
    Options
    I don't "diet". I eat real, healthy (for the most part) but in correct portions and quantities. I'm eating the way I want to eat for the rest of my life. There is no one answer for everybody. Some people can't eat processed foods at all, some people can't eat sugar, some people are raving witches if they don't have those things (hello, that would be me). I count calories and try for certain amounts of protein every day. Good luck.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I am doing Weight Watchers.... well, I do everything but count points -- I count calories instead. Much more accurate for me. But I still attend WW meetings every week for the group support, accountibility, and because I love all the stuff I learn there each week.

I love that MFP has all kinds of people doing their own thing. I have learned a lot here!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I only use MFP food tracking to make sure I'm getting the right balance of food and nutritions. Friends and forums for support and motivation.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Low carb, high fat, moderate protein. Not counting calories, just kind of observing them to see what they do. ;-) I average in the 1400- to 1500-calorie range without trying to limit portions. Down 10 lbs. in about 6 weeks, and I'm never just starving. When I used to count calories and limit fat in my younger days, I would have been hungry constantly on a 1500-calorie diet.
  • hoffman1990
    hoffman1990 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting - eat what ever I want - but log everything, so I know exactly how much I eat every day - been logging just about every day for 18 months - and can't see myself stopping any time soon......

The quickest way for me to pick up weight is not to log for a week!!

Oh - and right now I eat "Paleo" - love the philosophy - and my body really loves it - no cravings, no hunger - yah!!

what is paleo??? sounds interesting
  • Angie789
    Angie789 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Low carb, high fat, moderate protein. Not counting calories, just kind of observing them to see what they do. ;-) I average in the 1400- to 1500-calorie range without trying to limit portions. Down 10 lbs. in about 6 weeks, and I'm never just starving. When I used to count calories and limit fat in my younger days, I would have been hungry constantly on a 1500-calorie diet.
    Me too - a Primal/Paleo eating plan. I LOVE it!!! I am consistently coming in lower in calories than I did when I just counted calories alone, and I am never hungry, no cravings. Plus my energy has gone through the roof - my body is actually fuelled well enough to do more & better exercise.