If every day were like today....

"you'd weigh ______ lbs in 5 weeks" Has anyone found this to be close to accurate? It gets a little discouraging thinking its going to take me 5 weeks to lose 5 more pounds. :/

Replies

• mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    best to ignore it i reckon. if only you could turn it off!!

On a big day for me, sometimes it says i'll gain 6-7lbs in that period, lol.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    "you'd weigh ______ lbs in 5 weeks" Has anyone found this to be close to accurate? It gets a little discouraging thinking its going to take me 5 weeks to lose 5 more pounds. :/

5 pounds in 5 weeks is a good healthy rate to lose weight
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    I don't think so.. I don't look 6 pounds lighter.. Then again, I haven't weighed myself.
  • jesska812
    jesska812 Posts: 102 Member
    Well I really hope it's not correct because according to yesterday I'm only going to lose 1.5kg over the next 5 weeks :/

Just do what's right for your body and your weight will pretty much take care of itself.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    I get a pretty accurate prediction from this IF I eat close to my regular amount and IF I've been consistent - so, yes, if everyday is pretty much on track I lose weight at about the predicted rate.
    But, if you don't like this feature or don't find it helpful, just don't click "complete you day". Simple!
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member

5 pounds in 5 weeks is a good healthy rate to lose weight

I know.... I guess, but so is 10 right? :) that's what I want! Lol
  • but everyday isn't like today.... it never is.
    Today it said I''d lose 7 pounds in 5 weeks, another time it said I was going to gain 2 pounds and friday it was only 1 pound lost in 5 weeks.
    Hopefully it all evens out, but I don't mind the message, i even started copying and pasting them into my notes
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    but everyday isn't like today.... it never is.
    Today it said I''d lose 7 pounds in 5 weeks, another time it said I was going to gain 2 pounds and friday it was only 1 pound lost in 5 weeks.
    Hopefully it all evens out, but I don't mind the message, i even started copying and pasting them into my notes

Good point:)
  • SparklesPlenty
    SparklesPlenty Posts: 90 Member
    mine usually says the exact same thing every day so 2 pounds down is always 5 weeks away. It's like tomorrow never comes!
  • missjones93
    missjones93 Posts: 74 Member
    Keep in mind everyday isn't like today.
    I get a totally different reading everyday! I think it's just a little pusher upper.
  • angelcop74
    angelcop74 Posts: 82 Member
    mine pretty much always says i'd be 8lbs lighter in 5 weeks, and i havent lost a pound in over a month! lol I have lost inches in diff areas, but the scale hasnt moved. Very discouraging :/
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member

Nothing wrong with 1lb per week loss.

Look at it this way, if you just gave up because you were impatient, then in 5 weeks time you will weigh the same if not more than what you weigh today.

Regarding your question, I have found it to be near enough accurate.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    mine pretty much always says i'd be 8lbs lighter in 5 weeks, and i havent lost a pound in over a month! lol I have lost inches in diff areas, but the scale hasnt moved. Very discouraging :/

Weight is a poor way to measure health. If you're staying the same weight and losing inches in strategic places, then your overall health is improving because you're probably replacing fat with (much denser) muscle.

Good ways to break a plateau:
    - Up your exercise. If you aren't getting one good, sweaty workout every week, start. If you are, get more. If you're in a routine, change it (try a different machine or exercise type to exercise some different muscles). If you only do cardio, add some strength training or core work (sit-ups, plank, squats, etc).
    - Change out your food. Replace a few old favorites and try some new things.
    - Try to make sure your carbs, fats, and proteins are in balance. Fuel your body properly and it'll build muscle more easily, and muscle requires energy just to maintain it.
  • bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    I am always pretty consistent, and I have found I lose a little more than they predict.
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    for the past 3 months mine has been saying ill be around 130, and am not any closer now than i was in feb.
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    I like the message, it reminds to not dwell on today and to remember this is for the long haul. Five weeks seems so far away, I like the idea of thinking of myself X lbs less in 5 weeks, whether it's 2lbs or 7lbs.
  • angelcop74
    angelcop74 Posts: 82 Member

Weight is a poor way to measure health. If you're staying the same weight and losing inches in strategic places, then your overall health is improving because you're probably replacing fat with (much denser) muscle.

Good ways to break a plateau:
    - Up your exercise. If you aren't getting one good, sweaty workout every week, start. If you are, get more. If you're in a routine, change it (try a different machine or exercise type to exercise some different muscles). If you only do cardio, add some strength training or core work (sit-ups, plank, squats, etc).
    - Change out your food. Replace a few old favorites and try some new things.
    - Try to make sure your carbs, fats, and proteins are in balance. Fuel your body properly and it'll build muscle more easily, and muscle requires energy just to maintain it.

Thanks for the tips! I just started doing a Zumba class hoping it helps! I do have a big prob getting enough protein and carbs w/o going over in fat.. Wish i know how to remedy that.. :/
  • abc123lalala96
    abc123lalala96 Posts: 2 Member
    I've found that I've been fairly consistent with what they've said I'd end up weighing 'if every day were like today...' but after three weeks, I haven't found that I'm going anywhere near it! :ohwell:
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    I like to see the number, it motivates me. Yet to test it out as this is my 2nd week in.
    Its pretty much the same number every time. If I go over its higher though. But its pretty consistant.