Supplements and vitamins.

Options
tkcasta
tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
How do people feel about these? What do you take? Do you need to?
I currently (for reasons not relating to weight loss) take a Women's One a Day, Omega-3, Calcium and Mag sup, and I intermittantly take iron (mostly when needed like around my period).

But there is so much "stuff" on the market, I'm just curious as to people's experiences.

I have never really tried diet pill except for alli - and I really didn't like it, nor did I see it make any difference after months of taking (and paying) for it.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I take One a Day Weight Smart (for the pep it gives me- haven't needed an afternoon nap since I started taking them).
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I take One a Day Weight Smart (for the pep it gives me- haven't needed an afternoon nap since I started taking them).

I alternate between that one and the One a Day Energy...and I always take it after lunch. They both are great in my book. I highly recommend either of them :smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    doesn't hurt. But remember, supplements aren't absorbed the same way or with the same efficiency as when they are in food. to learn more Google bioavailability, it'll tell you all about it.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options

I alternate between that one and the One a Day Energy...and I always take it after lunch. They both are great in my book. I highly recommend either of them :smile:

I just had to say that the little baby on your ticker's picture is adorable. :love:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I take one vitamin a day - an energy vitamin/mineral mix. It specifically includes CoQ10 (after much research on my part).
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    doesn't hurt. But remember, supplements aren't absorbed the same way or with the same efficiency as when they are in food. to learn more Google bioavailability, it'll tell you all about it.

Banks, you rock.

But I gotta tell you, I never expected to have to research, and read and learn as much as I have since I started here!

I'm not complaining, mind you. :wink: I know that the knowledge that I'm gaining now will help me to maintain this lifestyle. But holy COW! Every day more and more and more...

hee hee. I'm up to the task however! I'm a good googler! :wink:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I take one a day men's health formula, but thats it (namely I need to make sure I get my vitamin b). The rest I get the old fashioned way.