Going away for the weekend!

Options
Hello! I've only been on dieting for a week or two and think that I've been doing well! I'm going away for a long weekend to Prague for site seeing and a big party this weekend. I LOVE to drink alcohol and I always seem to eat SO much when I travel. Has anyone got any suggestions how to cut down the calorie intake/exercise whilst away from home and the gym?! Thanks for any advice x

Replies

• nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Couple of thoughts...

- Walk as much as possible and log it. Use those calories! Personally, I log only 2/3 of my actual time since I have no HRM.

- I don't try to eat at a deficit while on holiday - I switch to 0 lb/week (maintenance) which is much more reasonable goal.

- Drink expensive alcohol! It tastes way better, and because it's expensive you will savor it more and drink less of it. :-)

- Split your food choices with a companion. I want ALL the things, especially when I travel. Splitting lets me do that.

Good luck!
  • ZumbaholicEmz
    ZumbaholicEmz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Thank you :D
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Try and find a hotel with a gym in it and get up early to work out. Walk around a lot in the day. The exercise from this should mitigate the booze calories. This works for me as I don't like to let my change of lifestyle get in the way of me and my friends having a good time.