Can you over excercise?

Options
I really think I want to do HIIT in the mornings and then just light/moderate cardio in the afternoon and
maybe lift every other day along with light cardio and ab workouts ??

Replies

• nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    It is possible to over do it. Make sure you have rest days for your muscles to recover
  • jshaps7
    jshaps7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    In my opinion that sounds like a lot, mainly the extra cardio if you're already doing HIIT. But if you really want to do it, then try it out but make sure to listen to your body and eat enough to compensate for all of that exercise.
  • OneChanceOneLife
    OneChanceOneLife Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If anything I would do it the other way around. Personally, when I do HIIT I am so tired afterwards that I get home, shower and pass out. I wouldn't be able to stay awake the entire day after one of those workouts. Doing some moderate cardio workouts in the morning is a good way to get the blood flowing and start the day off by giving you energy the rest of the day. I would definitely not do HIIT and lifting on the same day because you won't get the most out of either workout. Also try to make sure not to over do it. I used to do double sessions all the time in HS but once I got to college, I simply didn't have the time. The only difference now is that I watch what I eat a lot more. In HS I ate whatever I wanted and was much more fit, so double sessions were not so bad.