Am I the only one who's relieved that school has started?

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
I sort of feel bad for feeling that way, but I feel like when they go back I get my "me" time and get a chance to reclaim my house some.

I feel good because I was able to get them enough new clothes so that they have a new outfit for every school day, plus shoes and all that good stuff. I remember many years when I was growing up my mom couldn't afford to buy us anything new. :ohwell:

Right now I'm enjoying the peace and quiet!

Replies

• didi9996
    didi9996 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm very relieved to have my home back! lol I started on this site the first day they went back to school. I knew I would have some time to concentrate on myself. Nothing to feel bad about! I would die for my children but I need some free time to take care of me after caring for them. lol
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of parents feel this way... I'm always sad when school starts-I love having the kids at home. However, I do like that when school starts so does our routines and schedules. Enjoy your peace and quiet! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Well, my little girl Anna just started Pre-K last Monday, at first I was sad that my baby was growing up so fast but now I am glad that she is there and making friends and that she is doing great, and it gives me some one on one time with my little man Jacob, he is 2 years old.
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    I'm going to school tonight :blushing:
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    School starts tomorrow.

Yeah!:laugh:

I home schooled the 11 year old K and 1st. But his dad wanted him in public school. He has been blessed with very good teachers. But I miss the kids when they are gone.

Buuuut, yes! This will be the first year jake is in school longer. 1st grade and I can really get some time to exercise and then work on my children's books. be blessed, kc
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd written this because I feel exactly the same. Mixed blessing- school is.