Greek Yogurt

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
Which is your favorite brand/flavor? I've found them to be really hit or miss, but haven't paid very good attention, sadly...

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I like greek goddess, plain, nonfat and trader joes's plain nonfat. I'd rather put my own flavors in them than eat so much sugar.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Fage 2%. With a little preserves mixed in. Or peanut butter. (Or both.)
  • Eureka175
    Eureka175 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like Liberte or Oikos brands best, plain, and like to add a bit of mashed banana & almond butter.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Chobani passion fruit and apples w/ cinammon
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I make my own using skim milk (sometimes 2%). I love that I can make it as thick as I want, I can afford to use organic milk and it's so much cheaper.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Fage plain with honey & walnuts or plain with fresh blueberries.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    five posts, five different answers.

i puffy heart your diversity, loves :)

honey and walnuts sounds SO good....
  • 61TJ
    61TJ Posts: 15
    Options
    I make my own using skim milk (sometimes 2%). I love that I can make it as thick as I want, I can afford to use organic milk and it's so much cheaper.

I make my own using Pura Tone No Fat milk, and you wouldn't even know it, making your own is the best way because you know exactly what's in it
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    Fage plain with fresh berries mixed in, or Chobani pomegranate.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    The greek gods is so, so amazing. The full fat version is really great. They have a honey strawberry that I love.

I also just love plain, full fat greek yogurt (most brands are good) with a little cocoa powder, a teaspoon of raw honey and some unsweetened coconut flakes (raspberries on occasion).
  • nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Check the ingredient list. Real greek yogurt is thickened by straining, but I have seen soem brands that add thickeners, like cornstarch.

I have definitely found I prefer buying plain non-fat, and adding my own flavorings (and sugar) rather than relying on the manufacturer. Although I really like the Fage singles with a side of honey or cherry.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Chobani or Fage plain with dried cranberries, almonds, dried apricots and a thing of Stevia.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Not sure where I would find Chobani in the Uk ?

Anyway, I have Fage 0% and mix in a little honey, banana, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisin and about 5 or 6 chocolate chips and mix it together. That is my dessert after dinner.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Chobani 2% pineapple or mango or non fat peach if I have to pack it. Otherwise, vanilla 0% or plain 2% with whatever fresh fruit is around.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani but I think Oikos tastes better. Costco sells Chobani so that's what I get.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I really like the Stonyfield Organic Vanilla.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Fage! It has much more protein than Greek Gods and doesn't have that artificial taste like Chobani or Oikos.
  • atx7
    atx7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Chobani 2% Pineapple and Chobani Champions (the kids one) VeryBerry
  • feb06momma
    feb06momma Posts: 169
    Options
    My favorites are Chobani and Oikos brands. I can't do plain Greek Yogurt yet, but the flavored ones are good. I like the fruit on the bottom ones! :)
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Has to be OIKOS by Danone or else I won't consume it ;).

Both the organic and regular are good. Such a delciously rich consistency and a variety of delicious flavours.