I tried Almond Milk for the first time!

Options
And I love it. I would love to know how you use it ....

Replies

• Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    in my coffee sometimes, on my cereal or oatmeal or just drink it. Im still kind of new to it also so experimenting with it myself.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    so far, I have only been brave enough to try it in protein shakes.
  • gabwas
    gabwas Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    In coffee it is so gooood! And in cereal.
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    Protein shakes and with Reese puffs Cereal :):blushing:
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    On cereal...in smoothies...out of the carton...wherever. I love it.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Which kind did you try? I prefer Almond Breeze.

I drink mine plain, put it in coffee, put it in oatmeal, use it in smoothies, and use it in cooking instead of milk sometimes.

So far I've tried soy, rice, almond, and coconut.

Soy is nasty, rice tastes like liquid rice, almond I use the most, and I'm a big fan of sipping on coconut as well.
  • kat82501
    kat82501 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I made a batch of oatmeal and flax muffins that are actually more of a thick oatmeal consistency. I used it in the batter and then also poured some over the top after I rewarmed the muffins. YUMMY!
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    On cereal...in smoothies...out of the carton...wherever. I love it.

YES!!
  • Amazonstolemyname
    Amazonstolemyname Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    To make my porridge. It tastes so creamy yum.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    In my oatmeal or cereal. That's about it. Sometimes I drink it plain.
    I drink the unsweetened vanilla almond breeze (Blue Diamond brand.)
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Any way you would use regular milk...that's me!! :)
  • rachelbina
    rachelbina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love it, i love the almond breeze plain, 40 calories per cup!. it's great in cereal, and for my smoothies.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I use it for everything. I use it as my drinking milk, I put it in my oatmeal, I put it in the smoothies I make and I also put it in the baked goods that I make.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is awesome...we have tried all different brands because my daughter is Lactose and Casien intolerant and doesn't like the lactose free milk products. (we also tried all the others - rice, hemp, coconut - I really liked the coconut but she didn't and the almond milk has more calcium in it then coconut so )

We prefer Almond Breeze in our house but will use Silk in a pinch - we have found that Silk has single serve tetapacks available in Vanilla and Dark Chocolate flavor (which is a godsend when we have to do bagged lunches from time to time - luckly the school provides lactose free milk).

We usually have the big carton of sweetened vanilla in our house - so I will use it in smoothies or in my coffee from time to time. I usually keep a small box carton of the plain in the pantry for use in place of milk for cooking...
  • cbascomb83
    cbascomb83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Any way you would use regular milk...that's me!! :)

Same here!
  • chippy83
    chippy83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time today, as well. I bought Trader Joe's Unsweetened Vanilla-- tastes similar to skim milk, but more almond-y obviously. Had it this morning in my Grape-Nuts.

Plan to use it in cereal, and eventually make protein shakes... I sometimes need an on-the-go option, and have been looking for a replacement for the usual Slim Fast or Special K shakes.

Happy almond milk-ing, I'll be right there with you in this new adventure!
  • curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    LOL I made almond milk on Tuesday and I'm planning on making vegan ice cream with it :), but almond milk is pretty flexible you can use it for practically anything you use normal milk with, I haven't tried baking with the "flour" though does anyone hear have any experience with it?
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I recently tried the chocolate Silk almond milk....OMG.. so good! yes, a bit of sugar, but it tastes so completely indulgent, its very very satisfying.
  • jourelemode
    Options
    oh man, if you guys like the almond breeze version and silk versions of almond milk; you guys are gonna go nuts if you make it yourself! hella good, not kidding...the flavor is way more pronounced and delicious. The store bought versions taste very watered down in comparison to the way it should taste. give it a try guys, but use organic raw almonds.
  • OmegaSkye
    OmegaSkye Posts: 16
    Options
    I discovered it 2 days ago. Fresh @ Easy store brand. SO DELICIOUS. I like it better than regular milk. I always had a problem with the sourness of milk, and really didn't enjoy drinking it. Almond milk, though? Oh, I LOVE it. I had a glass of it with my lunch today. I haven't had milk with lunch since middle school! <3