Anyone else trying to GAIN weight?

Options

Replies

• honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Please don't throw stones at me! :-) It's hard to find others who suffer from malnutrition and the related health issues. Gaining weight is hard, too, when eating is a major chore. Anyone else here using the site/app to gain weight, increase calorie intake, and improve nutrition?

My sister is incredibly skinny and always has been. She is about 5'5" and maybe 110 pounds. She has three children, and still can't gain. She takes after her grandmother, so it's in the genes. She doesn't work out at all, but she is sort of hyper and works as a bartender, so she stays on her feet. She just can't gain for anything. But I think maybe doing bulking up exercises may help.
  • Nicole3d
    Nicole3d Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all...i cant believe how many people on here are trying to gain weight.
    2 years ago i drooped from 125lbs to 105 lbs in 2 weeks and 5'7" tall.....way to skinny. I did not eat all day and had a huge dinner at night. There were days when i wouldn't eat at all. It took me 2 years to gain weight. I have a high metabolism, which in ways sucks. Gaining all those pounds back was hard and people just did not get it. Now with my weight all gained back, it ended up in the wrong places of the body. I am 130lbs now and really just trying to maintain my weight, but also eat healthy and working out. So far so good....
    So, i know where you are coming from.....;)
  • cma2chi
    cma2chi Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been making my own weight gain shakes for almost 2 weeks now and going to the gym 4 days a week. So far I have gained over 5 pounds.

2 cups whole milk - 300
    1 banana - 110
    2 scoops whey protein - 220
    2 tbsp peanut butter - 190
    1/2 cup ice cream - 140
    1 cup oats - 300
    1 tbsp evoo - 120

Total Calories 1380

It was a little hard to stomach this at first, but now I drink this twice a day along with regular meals. It always comes out to about 4 cups total. sometimes if I am feeling full, I will drink 1/2 in the morning and half at night. It a fast way to take in a lot of calories
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I'm not the only one!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
    I actually started out at a normal weight but I was skinny fat...so I thought I'd lose weight...and losing weight is so easy for me. I got down to 99lbs and I looked like I was dead. I'm trying to hit 110 and see how that goes.
    I'd been between 90-99lbs my whole life though, 125lbs was the "heaviest" I've gotten.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    WISH I HAD YALLS PROBLEM!!! hahaha
    im trying to gain muscle.. but thats about it lol
    good luck to all of you!!!

and one suggestion... PEANUT BUTTER! peanut butter is good for you.. and its also calorie dense! put some in your oatmeal, on bread, in a shake etc. itll up the calories, that way you dont have to stuff your face.. but youll still make your calorie goal for the day!
  • classylady41
    Options
    my friend she is trying to gain weight.. she goes by wrestlingorton.. if you like add me and then u can add her she is on my friends list
  • tgzerozone
    tgzerozone Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm using it to track my bodybuilding bulking progress yes. Diary is open if you want to look.

Just don't gain the wrong weight (Fat). While eating surplus, hit some heavy weights to gain muscle.
  • bedun
    bedun Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm trying to gain weight, lower cholesterol, and watch sodium. Maybe have gained 2 lbs in 8 weeks.
    I'm at 87. I'm love to get to 90 or 95. I'm 64 yrs old. That shake looks interesting, maybe without the
    ice cream. I'm drinking an Ensure and that Bolthouse Green Goodness Protein each day also.
  • angellabc
    Options
    I just found this app/website and I'm excited that I'm not the only female trying to gain weight. I have been battling with gaining weight for most of my life. I'm tall and thin so people really don't what to hear me say that I hate being skinny. So, I've been battling this issue alone. I would love to have some support and to be supportive to others. Please request/message me if you are interested.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    good luck to u all!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain weight...but gain in the form of muscle, not fat/water.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Im currently trying to gain lean muscle / weight and go from 204 lbs to 220 lbs.
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to gain weight, don't eat low calorie stuff! Eat regular milk, cheese and yogurt! Also eat nuts and peanut butter! That should add some calories to your day!
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft tall and i started at 145 lbs. Now close to 180lbs. it definitely takes time for the body to get used to eating so much. but eventually it does. i swear for the first 6 mo. i felt like i was going to explode......

i've plateaued some, so i guess i need to start eating even more. it sucks....... especially when trying to eat healthier foods.
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Yep, me too. Also trying to gain lean muscle. Only just started woofing down all this extra food. Surprisingly its harder than losing.
  • nytwing807
    Options
    Keep working everyone!

I gained about 5 lbs total (had some losing moments when I got sick, and ran a marathon). It's tough. I'm working with 2700 calories so far 55 carbs / 20 protein / 25 fats. I just did the switch this week so we'll see how it goes. Will be starting the weights again now that my legs stopped screaming at me from my 1/2 marathon of last week.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft tall and i started at 145 lbs. Now close to 180lbs. it definitely takes time for the body to get used to eating so much. but eventually it does. i swear for the first 6 mo. i felt like i was going to explode......

i've plateaued some, so i guess i need to start eating even more. it sucks....... especially when trying to eat healthier foods.
    Have you tried taking a week off from the gym?? If not, its a great way to shock your body into growing again.
  • DaFiveEight
    Options
    Yea I am. I use Ensure Plus Calories (355 cal with 26 vitamins). Try it! I take it 2x a day and the rest of the day I try to eat as much as possible to reach 3000 calories. I can't really eat much so I will have to depend on a meal-replacement drink.
  • print_wife
    Options
    I'm trying to get back to my normal weight. I weigh 135 and am trying to get back up to 140. I am 5'10, so 140 is perfect for me. I had Colitis and ended up have pouchitis which caused me to lose 20 pounds. I have been working so hard this past month and a half to gain it back. I am trying to do 1/2 a pound each week.
  • meldavis581
    meldavis581 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Melissa, I'm small.