Been on mfp for a while but I got hurt !

Options
Ive been on mfp for a few months so far Im down about 16 pounds but I just recently got run over by a truck! My foot isnt broken but Im not able to do much in the way of cardio like I was. (elliptical, jogging etc) I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to help me keep losing weight without doing extensive traditional cadrio. At least until I can get back on my feet. Im surrently wearing a boot by the way. Ive also lowered my activity level from active (when I was working) to sedentary now that Im not doing much. It cut my calories from 2200 to 1700. any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

-Nick

Replies

• carrotstick2012
    Options
    I understand. Breaking my foot really slowed me down. Could you do swimming? I found if I was careful I could tread water, swim, etc.
  • nilsenn86
    Options
    That would be a great idea if it wasnt so rainy and cold. If I had access to an indoor pool I would defiantely do that.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Could you do a stationary bicycle? Weight lifting?

It is possible to lose weight on a calorie deficit alone without exercise.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My advice is to not stress your foot, don't do exercise until completely recovered.
    You will be fine by lowering your calories (I don't exercise (plan to), and have been able to lose more than 47 lbs !)
  • Becca224
    Becca224 Posts: 36
    Options
    Maybe try abb exercises like Pilates. It isn't as effective as running or stuff, but can still help you loose weight as it works your stomach muscles and sit ups do help you loose fat. I know when I started doing a 1 hour Pilates class a week I was slowly loosing weight. It's not much fun but it's something :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I second the pilates. Some of those positions make you sweat and you can do a lot of them sitting or on your knees
  • sharonlouiset
    sharonlouiset Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Have you asked your doctor about what your ok to do? I'd agree that swimming would proably be a good one, but take it easy.
  • nilsenn86
    Options
    Good advice thanks everybody. I really have to work hard to stay under my calories and ill do some weight lifting as long as my feet areant invloved. My doctor didnt really have to much to say workers comp clinic doctor = not the best.
  • CoralConnor
    CoralConnor Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    1 week free at 24 hr = Pilates class! Yeeaaa!!
  • tgzerozone
    tgzerozone Posts: 160
    Options
    Swim! Low impact like that would do your foot the world of good as well.