hair

Options
svazquez820
svazquez820 Posts: 91 Member
All right ladies I have a dilemma I workout six days a week. My hair is naturally curly and I feel like.its.getting dry from the daily wash. What do you guys recommend? .:0)

Replies

• lilcmac22
    lilcmac22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Conditioner has cleansing ingredients in it and can be used like a shampoo. I have long naturally curly hair so understand the challenge and would suggest three things. First and most effective, a few days a week, use a light weight conditioner (like VO5 conditioner) like you would shampoo- you can google the term co-wash and learn more. Massage it into your scalp and rinse really well. It may take a few days of ick for your hair to adjust, but it will. A leave in conditioner will also help. Second, some shampoos are rather harsh and have stripping qualities which is not good for curlies. Do a little homework and find a light shampoo. I use Kinky Curly or Natures Gate Shampoo, but there are other good ones out there. Last, oddly enough mixing Apple Cider Vinegar to water and pouring it on your hair between shampoo/conditioner or conditioner/conditioner really helps balance out everything and tames the curls. I do a rinse every 2 weeks or so. Hope it helps!
  • 2Bskinny4good_Stacie
    Options
    Have you ever used Moroccanoil? I recently got some and it seems to help quite a bit. It isn't cheap but you don't have to use very much. I think most higher end hair salons would have it or a similar product.

On the bottle: www.moroccanoil.com
    1-888-700-1817 company based in LA, product made in Israel
  • juliexiuu
    juliexiuu Posts: 118
    Options
    Olive oil!
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    Dry shampoo. Wash your hair 3-4 times a week instead, and use dry shampoo on the days that you don't. You need the natural oils in your hair to keep it healthy! :smile:
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Have you ever used Moroccanoil? I recently got some and it seems to help quite a bit. It isn't cheap but you don't have to use very much. I think most higher end hair salons would have it or a similar product.

On the bottle: www.moroccanoil.com
    1-888-700-1817 company based in LA, product made in Israel

This! It is fantastic!