After 8 months!

Options
MPwife10
MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
I started my weight loss journey the day my husband started deployment training (August 1st 2011) and I was 233lbs...I lost 14lbs the first month. We were able to see him one more time before deployment started and he left again on Sept 4th and I was 219lbs...he just came home for R&R on April 7th were I was down to 149lbs. I am currently 151lbs...gained a little back since he has been home but I know it can be lost again. I can now play at the park with our girls....go down the slides and sit on the swings with them without getting stuck or hurt...that is probably the greatest feeling. Here is a before and after picture:

Sept 4th 2011 to April 11th 2012 (size 22 to 6 jean):
313256_10150269043542100_640912099_8064086_6824496_n-2-1.jpg

I want people to know it is possible to lose weight. I have 2 toddler (2 & 3) and I am still able to find time to work out...I don't make excuses. Its tough but if you want something bad enough...it can be done.

Replies

• elri1908
    elri1908 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm sure your hubby must be super proud of you! Well done!
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    So cool! you did something good for you (your health, your confidence). Something to take your mind off his absence. And You looked fabulous, and felt fabulous when he returned! When things settle you have all the tools to make your fabulous improvement PERMANENT!
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Hot!
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Great job!
  • bridsheehan
    bridsheehan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. !!
    :smile:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Wow - did he recognise you???

Well done!!
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    wonderful transformation! congrats!
  • piglet1643
    Options
    Such a great job! And thank you for your husband's and your service to our country!
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful.
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Options
    Great job, you look amazing!
  • navy1984
    navy1984 Posts: 57
    Options
    Sooo inspirational! I have a 2 and 3 year old as well and totally agree! Its hard, but it CAN be done, I started walking on the tredmill during my sons nap and put on a dvd for my daughter. She can usually make it 30 minutes and that's enough time for me to get a good workout in. Congrats!! I hope to be a size 6/8 within the next year! :smile:
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    Great job! It's so much easier when the hubby's not around hey? Lol!
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    Haha that's great! What did he say when he saw you for the first time on his return?
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You look great...I'll bet you feel the same.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING!! You look great.
  • jennyjennbug
    Options
    job well done
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    How inspirational! Well done and yes I know what it is like to have 2 kids close in age - mine are 8 months and 2 years of age......I fit in exercise with my kids so anyone can do it! WELL DONE!!!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!