Run mommy RUN! lol

Options
ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
was my newest motivation....it came from my son as I pushed him in his jogger while I ran....he really enjoys the motion and so when I took a break for like a min...he yelled out "RUN MOMMY RUN!" lmbo....so I did....he's like my own personal trainer I guess LOL...

just wanted to share....I think his rates are good too, usually just kisses and hugs and the occasional cookie...not too bad! lol

hugs!
Ali

Replies

• ali106
    Options
    was my newest motivation....it came from my son as I pushed him in his jogger while I ran....he really enjoys the motion and so when I took a break for like a min...he yelled out "RUN MOMMY RUN!" lmbo....so I did....he's like my own personal trainer I guess LOL...

just wanted to share....I think his rates are good too, usually just kisses and hugs and the occasional cookie...not too bad! lol

hugs!
    Ali
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    aw!! That's too cute!
    That is an excellent motivation.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That is so darn cute and a great motivator, too!
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That is so great!

My boys are a bit older, but I tell you, they are still my inspiration! :love: I love the comments when they give me a hug and they are excited to get their arms around me "Look mom! I can hug you all the way around now!" . Or when my boy was excited that I could play catch with him and not get tired.

Keep up the great work! Your kid will be greatful to you! When he grows out of the stroler, have him ride his bike next to you while you run, it's great fun for you both!:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    LOL, maybe I should do that with the wife, It would probably be less cute and much weirder though, with a grown woman in the carriage!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Haha. Cute. My (almost) two-year old comes to see me when I'm running on the treadmill and she claps for me. Too cute. Good motivation, too. :wink:
  • ali106
    Options
    Rotflmbo!!!

omg Banks you made me spit out my drink...thanks! lol

thanks you guys....I told my hubby and he's been callin' him Mickey and me Rocky today LOL....he's sick!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Haha, that rocks.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    LOL, maybe I should do that with the wife, It would probably be less cute and much weirder though, with a grown woman in the carriage!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: dude you crack me up!! i wonder how many calories i just burnt laughing? lol:laugh:
  • LilyPad
    LilyPad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You gave me a great idea - thanks. I just signed up here last night after a friend e-mailed the site and I'm still feeling things out. I'm too heavy to run any distance and now that we live in the country, I can't walk a few blocks - that would take me miles. I can; however, go outside wth my 6 year old son and chase him around the yard, which is close to an acre. I could try chasing my husband too, but I'll never catch him. Cute comment about the wife in the stroller. Good luck convincing her!! :smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? She'd love it. I could see her now, wind in her hair, Jackie-O sunglasses on, Scarf blowing (in my face). She'd feel like a rock star! LOL. And all the while her saying, "Faster Jeeves, I'm gonna be late for my hair appointment!"
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My 10 yr old daughter and I took our dog out to Santa Cruz (West Cliff Area) and "ran" yesterday. She's so cute... "Mom, Can I run ahead?" She'd get ahead of me and then lean on the handrail or sit on a bench like she'd been there for hours! it wasn't me that was going slow on purpose though... my poor old dog was limping when we got home... next time I'll leave her there and give my little Kyra a better workout!! :laugh:

Angela
  • myebinger
    myebinger Posts: 25
    Options
    Kids can be the best personal trainers. My sons 10 now and he goes bike riding with me and he'se always up for a race.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    lol , my 6 yr old son does this to both his father and myself while on the elliptical "fast mommy faster , NO! DONT SLOW DOWN" He just likes to hear us grunt and see us sweat. Now if my husband said the same things , I might punch him :tongue: but hey thats another workout right ? Boxing here I come haha
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? She'd love it. I could see her now, wind in her hair, Jackie-O sunglasses on, Scarf blowing (in my face). She'd feel like a rock star! LOL. And all the while her saying, "Faster Jeeves, I'm gonna be late for my hair appointment!"

Almost died laughing! :laugh:

My one year old hangs onto my legs while I'm trying to do my workout video. She wants to snuggle! Oh well, there is always time for both.
  • splenda
    splenda Posts: 24
    Options
    that is cute, hope that you're day is going great and give him a raise of a cookie at dinner. He's not on a diet, after all :tongue:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options

hahha !! at first i though you meant you were the one in the carriage shouting to your wife,,,how macho that would have been !!!, lol.. see, thats me thinking all man out there are the same !!! (coz mine wouldnt have it otherwise . lol)

thanks for the laugh :laugh:
    may
  • strongmom
    strongmom Posts: 72
    Options
    Ever see the website www.seemommyrun.com ?
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread!! I love it - "run, mommy run" :laugh:

Banks - you're hysterical!! What a visual . . .

If my 4 year old gets up while I'm working out she'll sit on the couch and give me pointers - 'Mommy, you're supposed to do it like this" "Mommy, you're supposed to have your hand like that" LOL.