bacon?

Options

Replies

• NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Gave up bacon, and all pork yesterday, hardest thing I've ever had to do lol

No more bacon strips or bacon strips or bacon strips or bacon strips lol smh
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I allow myself some bacon occasionally, but only a serving size-- which is NOT what I used to think it was. I love bacon. Mmmm..

Isn't 1 serving of bacon just 15 - 30 slices?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    OMFG Bacon

This thread called to me.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Its not all bacon, but I have a Pinterest board of "Things that used to oink". This is my favorite thing that used to oink

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/images/bacon-7.jpg
  • yepitsjen
    yepitsjen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Conversation I *just* had with my daughter, while watching the Simpsons:

Her: You know what would be really ironic? Watching Krusty the Klown while eating a lot of bacon.
    Me: Oh, because Krusty had a heartattack?
    Her: No, because Krusty is Jewish. God, Mom.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Jim's new standup special had very little bacon, and much more talk about exercise and gyms.. I still recommend you all go buy it, it's only five bucks!
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    Gave up bacon, and all pork yesterday, hardest thing I've ever had to do lol

No more bacon strips or bacon strips or bacon strips or bacon strips lol smh

I wouldn't give them up completely, if you like it!! You'll just give in and gorge one day on pork! Might as well let a little into your diet!!!
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I think Jim Gaffigan popularized 'Hot Pockets'.

I used to cook a pound of bacon at a time. Since I joined MFP, I cut the pound in half (right down the middle) and cook smaller strips and only eat six half slices at a time.
  • NancyMarie13
    Options
    I too had a pinterest board for this great love of mines it was titled "tribute to le swine" lol, I'm gunna have to delete it soon =(
  • NancyMarie13
    Options
    Its for religious reasons (mainly) and health reasons, so I kinda don't have a choice.
    Its cool beans, I had a bacon splurge before I cut myself off lol.
  • jaydubbayu
    Options
    Ok... fair enough!! Me and god have an understanding... he gave us bacon for us to enjoy!!! haha!! But like all enjoyable things, you have to limit yourself so it doesn't get dangerous!
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Anybody remember SNL "Coneheads" referring to bacon as shredded swine flesh? I was thinking of that as I was cooking my breakfast today.
  • NancyMarie13
    Options
    Ok... fair enough!! Me and god have an understanding... he gave us bacon for us to enjoy!!! haha!! But like all enjoyable things, you have to limit yourself so it doesn't get dangerous!

Haha, that's wassup. I'll always love it, just won't eat it anymore.... I think lol.
    But so true about limititations. My motto has always been everything in moderation
  • jaydubbayu
    Options
    Anybody remember SNL "Coneheads" referring to bacon as shredded swine flesh? I was thinking of that as I was cooking my breakfast today.

"We're frying up poultry embryos and charred swine flesh!!" Ahh! I will enjoy it!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I've loved bacon ALWAYS... It seems that people are talking more about it lately.. Not just on MFP, I'm hearing about it more and more..

Did the comedian Jim Gaffigan bring this on?

Jim Gaffigan is all about the Hot Pockets...Hot Pockets (yes, I sang it...but it's not quite as good as my By Mennan)...
  • jaydubbayu
    Options
    I've loved bacon ALWAYS... It seems that people are talking more about it lately.. Not just on MFP, I'm hearing about it more and more..

Jim Gaffigan is all about the Hot Pockets...Hot Pockets (yes, I sang it...but it's not quite as good as my By Mennan)...

Ha ha... I know but he comes on the radio show, Bob and Tom, and talks about bacon like every time he's on there...
    "Is this just a salad?"
    Not now... "Bippity, boppity, BACON!!"
    "Now it's an entree!"
    "Bacon bits are like food fairy dust!!"

I think he referred it as meat candy.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Ha ha... I know but he comes on the radio show, Bob and Tom, and talks about bacon like every time he's on there...
    "Is this just a salad?"
    Not now... "Bippity, boppity, BACON!!"
    "Now it's an entree!"
    "Bacon bits are like food fairy dust!!"

I think he referred it as meat candy.

Food fairy dust...awesome!!! :bigsmile:
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    BLT with a runny egg on it, sourdough bread. BOMB diggity.
    You had me at BLT, and lost me at runny egg.
  • jaydubbayu
    Options
    It's pretty good... A little messy but I had one at a restaraunt in Louisville last year... GOOD!!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Just not a fan of the runny egg. Now if one were to make a badass omelette folded up with bacon in the middle, I could handle that, and perhaps put that on the sourdough, well even better.