0 Calorie pasta and rice!!!

Options
Turns out ther are products on the market selling zero calorie pasta, rice and noodles. Can't say if they taste any good since I've not tried them yet, but here are the links if anyone is interested:

www.eatwater.co.uk

www.miraclenoodle.com

Replies

• davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Tried Miracle Noodle. Blaaaah!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    not even real fiber keeps me full let alone something made in a lab...
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I personally didn't like the smell of the shirataki.
    Lots of people seem to love them though.
    Or at least love the idea of them.
  • Minimooshable
    Options
    Eatwater was one of the worst things I've ever eaten. Not the taste, the texture. It's like.... when you receive a parcel, take the little packing peanuts, soak them for 12 weeks them eat them. That bad!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I actually had miracle noodles with dinner tonight. I don't mind them. I think you need to prepare them right. I give them a thorough rinsing and then let them sit in the water for a little bit. Then I drained them and patted them dry. I heated up olive oil in a pan with a smashed garlic clove and added the noodles and some soy sauce. I let the noodles cook for a bit in order to really soak up the flavors. Then I ate them under a crock pot asian pork dish(recipe from skinnytaste.com). I think it was great. My kids liked it too.
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried those brands, but I love shirataki stirfried! Haven't tried it in Italian style pasta dishes because it just doesn't seem right for it, but I plan on giving it a go one of these days. As for smell, yes it's kinda fishy. But rinsing in hot water for a couple mins takes it off, and there's no taste of it after cooking. Oh, and I've never tried tofu shirataki, only konjac. Yum!
  • Lose_It_Leo
    Lose_It_Leo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I now have no idea whether I should try them or not. I don't eat much pasta or the like so maybe i should just stick with the original anyway? If I see them cheaper elsewhere then I'm sure I'd give them ago.