Small Success every day!

Options
I've decided to list 2 things I've done "right" each day on my notes. This gives me motivation throughout the day, and instead of hounding myself about all the things I do wrong, I can celebrate the little things that I'm doing "right"! Today, I did NOT eat a donut from the gourmet donut box that a client brought in to work (and I tried to justify eating one all day long, but resisted!) and tonight, instead of driving to the store to buy pet food, I walked! The store is only 2 blocks away, but I made the choice to walk instead of drive. Small changes.... What are your small successes?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good for you! I didn't have cream in my coffee. And I didn't have that second beer that I wanted.
  • captainamy11
    captainamy11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • elri1908
    elri1908 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Good for you on what you are doing right! I'm going to follow your example and list two things every day! We always tend to focus on the negative!

What I've done right today:

Every time I've been to the kitchen I've had a glass of water
    I didn't get angry when I read an upsetting post - I stopped reading and found something positive to focus on! (And I found this lovely post :flowerforyou:
  • elri1908
    elri1908 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm so disappointed that this thread is not continuing - I really think it is a great way to approach things. I'm going to do it! Thanks for making such a great suggestion. More people should do it. But, maybe if I start doing it, my 'friends' will follow suit!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I do that with my days in general as I am having a hard time lately.

Yesterday I did go to the swimming pool and made 1km.
    I tried a new vegetarian recipe.
  • torontobaby
    Options
    Working out is not my problem, I don't often miss those. My problem is turning off the desire for sweets. What I try to do is eat the better sweets instead of the bad ones.
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What a great idea!
  • ladyamandajane
    Options
    The two things Iv done:

1. I resisted the urge to pick up a latte with hazelnut syrup in on the way to work and used my calories on a nice healthy breakfast

2. Staying positive about my weight loss so far and look forward to the future and my future goals instead of dwelling on the goals
    in the past i havnt achieved.

:flowerforyou:

Amanda
    x
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Love this post.

2 Things that I did today:

1. I sent a letter to someone that was having a hard day. I normally don't write them.
    2. I took a neighbors dog for a long walk. I have my own dogs, so this was something extra.

Just wanted to say. You are so creative. Great idea! :flowerforyou:
  • Ddubs22
    Ddubs22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great positive thinking!! My 2 things:
    - kept walking instead of turning around when it started to rain (only a little sprinkle then the sun came out again!)
    - ate only 1/2 of a soft pretzel
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Went swimming over lunch

Avoided the chocolate urge while stopped at the petrol station.
    (Why is it so hard to find something to snack on instead of a chocolate bar?)
  • mrshughes0810
    Options
    today i:

woke up at 5 am and did yoga before work

gave away a kit-kat bar someone gave me at work yesterday that i thought of eating all night
  • captainamy11
    captainamy11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I like this, I think I will do this, it will help me to remain focused on my goals instead of having a pity party for the things I did wrong that day.

Yesterday I went on a 2 1/2 hour bike ride (15 miles) after getting home from work.
    Today I went to the store and bought only healthy whole foods, nothing fake, processed, or sugary! (I did get protein powder and almond milk though, that's processed.)

Thanks for the great post, I'm going to try and start doing this in my journal!
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    Today I...

Woke up at 5:30AM and did 30 minutes on the elliptical and then went straight to doing Crunch Super Slim Down on Netflix.

Weighed myself this morning and didn't get down about the .4lb extra since yesterday. I am training my brain to not only understand how water weight works, but to accept small fluctuations when they happen.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Two things for today:

Played squash at lunchtime

Bought jeans on the high street and there was a size above what I bought!!!
    (I'm claiming this one for today even though it was over the weekend, still happy about this)
  • 69Greer
    69Greer Posts: 36
    Options
    Ate a 6" sub for lunch instead of the footlong. The 6" sub was plenty and I felt full (+ the chips).

Haven't had a single drink with sugar or artificial sweetener all day (or most days for that matter).
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    ran 5k
    Only had half a cookie after dinner
  • Angelbinick21
    Angelbinick21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    1.) I only ate 1/2 my lunch - finished when I was full instead of when the plate was empty. (Still working on ordering less to begin with so there is less waste.)

2.) Took an extra walk on my lunch break even though my heels are kiling me!
  • laurasantora
    Options
    This is awesome!
    I've said no to candy all day (YA!)
    I skipped out on pop on the way to work this morning.

Boy it felt good to tell someone :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!