Water consumption

Options
This may sound dumb but I'm not a water fan, so if I have this with cordial or a cup of tea dosed this count as part of the water intake? Or does it have to deb plain water

Replies

• ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    non-caffinated herbal tea can be counted towards water intake, but coffees and caffeinated teas shouldn't as these act as diuretics.
  • Alanasempire
    Alanasempire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened tea counts as water intake, yes. I used to hate water, so now I put some lemon in and I love it. You know how everyone keeps saying to drink at least 2l of water a day if you want to lose weight? Well, it is true; it does make a big difference!
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you are aware of any extra calories cordial etc adds it counts.
  • Gaiasmum
    Gaiasmum Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think it all counts. The guidelines are 8 glasses of fluid and if your eating a whole heap of fruit that also has fluid. I sapouse if your thirsty drink and if your not dont but Im also all for adding lemon or lime to your water to make it taste better
  • pknow
    pknow Posts: 5
    Options
    I too have a difficult time drinking all the water. My nutritionist told me it all counts. Also, I try to dilute when I can. For example, I make one packet of Crystal Light but double the water. Not only do I think it tastes better, it gets you more water.