Lecithin.... any ideas

Options
Hello all,
I have recently embarked on a fitness regime and am hoping to tone up and get fit before the summer. Ive started taking Green Tea capsules and shots of Aloe Vera, neither of which are too unpleasant. I also saw a product called "Lecithin" in the health food shop, it claims to be a "natural emulsifier of fats which helps the metabolism to covert food fats into energy instead of building up in the body". Any idea if this stuff will really work in helping me to lose a few pounds?

I am working out regularly and am eating healthy so just looking for something to give me an extra helping hand. All opinions/advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Emily

Replies

• wearechevytough1
    wearechevytough1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have not read too much on Lecithin but I have tried many other "healthy foods" and what I have found out is that a balanced diet and exercise is the only way to go. I know it sucks but there is no quick fix or fast results that will stand the test of time. What is up with the Aloe Vera shots?:smile::smile:
  • EmilyB85
    EmilyB85 Posts: 5
    Options
    According to my trainer it is the best cure for everything! Aloe Vera is supposed to be great for digestion and I have to say I feel fantastic inside since I started taking it. If only it was as easy as buying some fad supplement :(
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I kiss a magic rock daily and that helps me to lose weight.

For real though.

If there were a magic bullet we would not be a world filled with overweight people.
  • Laurieann137
    Laurieann137 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    There are two kinds of Lechithin. Regular Lechithin comes from an egg protein and then there is soy lechithin from a plant. I only know this because my son is allergic to eggs and that was on the list to watch out for. Soy lechithin is becoming more popular these days in foods, but you can find Lechithin in a lot of things. What it does for you...I have no clue. Sorry! I would be interested to find out though.
  • Linzee08
    Linzee08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I always feel like every little bit helps and definitely can't hurt. And lecithin is great! It consists of mostly choline which is found in egg yolks (and other foods Im sure) and has been shown in studies to improve brain/mental function. From what Ive heard, it is good for your heart, can improve memory and also like you mentioned helps bind and emulsify fat and cholesterol to be removed from the body. I have taken it in the past but it was in combination with other supplements so I couldnt tell you that it in itself is a wonder supplement etc but I would definitely give it a try. When I was taking it, I would stir the granules into juice or a shake before meals. They dissolve and have no taste really.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • EmilyB85
    EmilyB85 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the comments, will give it a try for a few weeks and see if it has an effect :)