Tae Bo?

Options
Has anybody tried Tae Bo?

I thought I would add it to my Netflix list to try it out....

Replies

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I have! I like Billy's intensity, but he is off on his counting/making sure to do same # of reps on each side. I get a great workout from him! I have Billy's Favorite Moves (I consider this to be Beginner Level), I also have some really old VHS workouts that I love, and I have his Boot Camp Beginner and Advanced DVD's. It's a fun workout. Just make sure you have your form down so you don't injure yourself!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I do taebo and it is worth checking out. It is great for working your core and for balance as well as a good calorie burn without a lot of jumping around.
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    I did it when it frist came out. Got bored with doing the 20min viedo. Hated the second video. However got results from it.
  • Demetria
    Demetria Posts: 178
    Options
    I have the first one I think, the basics, I love it. I only have it on vhs, I want to get it on dvd. I know once it gets too cold for me to ride my bike outside I will start using it again. I am still out of shape for it. I can only do the first 10min which is mainly punching, then he starts doing leg kicks and combos and I can't keep up! But it is fun. I tried one of the newer ones (can't remember which one) and they were going way too fast for me to keep up. lol I love kickboxing.

Demetria
  • bikker59
    bikker59 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have his boot camp videos.. He is the only one I have been able to do for years, I used to have the VHS tapes, but now have his DVD's.
    His boot camp kick butt... I have a Favorite moves DVD, which is not as hard...but not quite a beginner level, but easier moves. I love him, but you do need to be careful with your form if you have not done much kickboxing before..
    Elise..
  • vipersgirl28
    Options
    I love doing TaeBo when I am not pregnant. :smile:

Makes me feel great. I have the newer version(can't remember off hand since its been 6 months since I have done it, currently pregnant is the reason why). There are parts I have troubles keeping up with but you sweat and get a good burn from it. Whatever you do don't pay attention to your weight at first. It will build muscle before loosing fat. I monitor inches lost when I do it. :happy:

Doesn't hurt trying it out with netflix.
  • SaraAnne
    SaraAnne Posts: 53
    Options
    I absolutely love billly blanks bootcamp dvds. I ALWAYS feel it and ALWAYS see results!! :)
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I've got the TaeBo Amped series and the Ultimate TaeBo workout. TaeBo amped is great! It comes with 3 different CD's. The workouts range from 40 minutes to 55 minutes and its very intense. Fun though.....I love it. And I lost all of my weight through that and walking my dog. :drinker: The Ultimate TaeBo has an 89 minute workout (very very intense....burns around 1300 calories according to my heartrate monitor) and I love the way he keeps ya motivated and keeps it fun. At the end of the first hour he throws some goofy dance moves in and I still laugh every time I see it :laugh: Either at myself for doing it or theres a couple people on there that crack me up when I watch them do the moves. And then there's a 30 minute workout on that save DVD. Seriously, I love TaeBo. But after a year of those 5 workouts I got tired of just doing those. So I need to get another one of his workouts. I wanna try the TaeBo Funk. Looks fun :bigsmile: And I also added in some of The Firm workouts every other day and then added Biggest Loser Sculpt and sometimes I do some of the P90X workouts just to get something different all the time so I don't burn myself out.

You will see results......and don't worry, if you have to pause it to catch your breath and get some water, do it. I like how he always tells you even if you have to walk in place to finish the workout do it. Just make it to the finish. Don't get discouraged. It took me about 2-3 months before I could do some of those kicks without almost falling over :embarassed: :bigsmile:

Definately worth it :drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Billy will get yah a good workout. As long as you don't mind his tendany to go out of order with reps and questionable grammar. (uttering phrases like "imaginary this." you'll love it. Good results with his stuff.
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo Basics is one of my all time favorite Tae Bo videos. I didn't care to much for the Bootcamp or the series that came between the Basics set and the Bootcamp set.