Ferrero Rocher-inspired protein bread (gluten free, 135 calo

Options
snugglesworthjr
snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
hazelnutbread.jpg

Ferrero Rocher chocolates are to die for, but they're full of sugar and don't fit into a clean diet, which gives me sad face. On the one hand, I've been craving these chocolates. On the other hand, I've been craving bread. Instead of eating chocolate and bread and getting tons of unnecessary carbohydrates, I decided to make a protein bread that satisfied both my cravings at the same time while remaining healthy. Can you say win?

Chocolate-hazelnut-espresso protein bread with hazelnut streusel

3/4 cup pumpkin purée
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup egg whites
1/2 cup hazelnut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla seed paste (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
1 tbsp instant espresso powder
1/2 cup toasted hazelnut meal
1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
3 tbsp coconut flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
6 tbsp Betta Sweet (natural 0-calorie sweetener. sub with splenda or regular sugar, just increase to 7-8 tbsp)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Streusel:
1/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts
1 tbsp buckwheat flour
1 tbsp raw sugar (sub with granulated sweetener)
1 tsp canola oil

Make the streusel first: mix the hazelnuts, flour, and sugar together, then drizzle the oil on top. Mix with your fingers until crumbs form.

Then make the bread batter: mix the wet ingredients together. Whisk in the instant espresso powder. Add the dry ingredients and mix. The batter will be very liquidy, but don't worry because that's okay. Pour the batter into a bread loaf tin. Sprinkle the streusel on top. Bake at 325F (180C) for 50 min or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean. Take it out of the oven, put it on a cooling rack, hit the gym, come back with a huge appetite, and enjoy!

Makes 11 slices
Per slice:
135 calories
9.1g carbs (2.2g fiber and 2.9g sugar)
12.7g protein
5.4g fat

Replies

• naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    OMG - amazing! Did you make that up?

Also was it you that posted the PCP muffins? I've been eating them nearly everyday (maybe I shouldn't thank you then :tongue: )
  • snugglesworthjr
    Options
    OMG - amazing! Did you make that up?

Also was it you that posted the PCP muffins? I've been eating them nearly everyday (maybe I shouldn't thank you then :tongue: )

Hehe, yup, those PCP muffins were another creation of mine (did you sprinkle them with angel dust?). I <3 baking
  • bazfitness
    bazfitness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If only I could get the ingredients for your recipes here :sad: . They all look so great.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I love baking too but it gets me into trouble when I'm surrounded by baked goods. I've been using almond meal and love the moist results. I make a great banana bread that I got from Kimmu which is really healthy, I can share if you like (I'm sure she won't mind!) Are you doing primal?
  • snugglesworthjr
    Options
    @bazfitness: Besides the buckwheat and coconut flour, what ingredients can't you find easily? These two can be substituted with regular flour if you want. As for hazelnut meal, I buy whole hazelnuts and put them through a blender or food processor.

@naomi: I assume you mean some sort of diet when you say "primal." I'm on no special diet except the vegetarian one. Banana bread is love. I'd be very happy if you shared that recipe with me :)
  • snakesandladders2
    snakesandladders2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    definitely bump for later! *runs out to buy ingredients*...
  • CaoimheAine
    CaoimheAine Posts: 195
    Options
    This is fantasticcccc!
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That looks gorgeous :D:D - Me want some :)
  • chestnutbrown
    Options
    yummo! bump!
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bevans1307
    Bevans1307 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This looks delicious, can't wait to make it :smile:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • chrissytrivette
    Options
    Looks amazing! I've never seen coconut flour at the store, but I've never really looked for it. Is it just in the baking isle?
  • snugglesworthjr
    Options
    Looks amazing! I've never seen coconut flour at the store, but I've never really looked for it. Is it just in the baking isle?

I've never seen coconut flour at a regular grocery store. I got it at a specialty/organic food store.
  • atleast20
    atleast20 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wish i could bake ):
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump... gotta try this!
  • epdiddlydo
    Options
    This sounds wonderful :smile:
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    bump ! yummy!
  • chrissytrivette
    Options

I've never seen coconut flour at a regular grocery store. I got it at a specialty/organic food store.

I'll have to see if I can order it online. I don't have a health food store any where near me. I think the closest one is about 2 hours away.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    O. M. G. BUMP!