Been good for three days and not lost a pound!

Options
Hi, normally when I have stuck to my healthy regime I los at least a pound sometimes two within the first three days. This time however I have not lost a thing. I am only 4ft 11in and have a sedentary job but I exercise about 45 mins six days a week. Why haven't I lost anything. Most frustrating and demotivating. I knew I shouldn't have weighed!
:noway:

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Hi, normally when I have stuck to my healthy regime I los at least a pound sometimes two within the first three days. This time however I have not lost a thing. I am only 4ft 11in and have a sedentary job but I exercise about 45 mins six days a week. Why haven't I lost anything. Most frustrating and demotivating. I knew I shouldn't have weighed!
    :noway:

That is not a lot of info to go on as your diary isn't open.

How old are you ?
    How much do you weigh?
    What calories are you eating?
    What did you set as your goal loss per week?

If you work out 6 days a week you are not sedentary so may have set up your settings wrong.
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Try to be patient, it has only been three days. I put my scale away and only weigh once a week. Try taking your measurements and checking them again every month. Even if the scale doesn't budge, I bet you see a difference there. Good Luck. :flowerforyou:
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it takes a few days. It all depends on what you are eating and more importantly how much. It could be too little or too much.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Patience. Depending on your caloric deficit (assume 500 cal/day) after 3 days you're only down 1500 cal which isn't even half a pound of fat. Add to that a certain amount of water retention is normal part of adaptation to a new workout regimen (your muscles replenish glycogen for the next workout - every gram of glycogen holds about 3g of water)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, and only make small adjustments monthly, if needed. This is a very slow moving science project. Just take it easy.

For me, I came way down, then got stuck, dropped a little, then got stuck again. It's just very slow and takes time to figure what needs adjusting.
  • glpennington
    Options
    People who start from ground zero generally make the most startling changes the first week. Once you have established any kind of workout routine, diet changes can have a slower effect. Weight can fluctuate dependent on the number of carbohydrates you consume in a day, fiber intake and water retention. Use the food tracker. Modify it so you can see sugar and salt consumption in addition to calories and fat. You may see things sneaking in thru that Greek yogurt you love or that protein candy bar. Salt will cause you to retain water which will also make you seem fatter.
  • FattyBatty15
    Options
    I'm 37, I weigh 9st 7lbs (133lbs). I am eating 1200 calories a day
  • FattyBatty15
    Options
    :smile: Thanks.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Everything comes to those that wait. It has only been 3 days. Took longer than that to put on the ponds.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Did it take you three days to put all the weight you want to lose on? Why, then, should it take 3 days to start losing it? Be patient.
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Looking at your diary,you don't even take in the 1200 min cals a female should take in. Then on top of that,you are exercising. Sorry to say you will never lose weight as long as you keep that up.Your body is storing everything you eat,just to keep your body working properly.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    If you work out 6 days a week you are not sedentary so may have set up your settings wrong.

depends if you add those workouts in on top - the activity level is your baseline activity, if you have it set as sedentary, then log your workouts, if it's set as active because you work out, dont log the workouts
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Be patient...if you are faithful it WILL come off!

I lost 3 Lbs the first week and then NOTHING for a month! Seriously!

I kept at it...logging for 50 days in a row...one day the switch went off and I've lost 7 lbs since then...slow and steady wins..

Stick with it...your body is adjusting!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    3 days is too soon to start questioning humanity :laugh: Keep going you will see the loss. Take measurements, they are more accurate as weight fluctuates daily, and even moment by moment. Have you ever stepped on the scale several times and gotten the same weight EVERYTIME?? I know I havent.

GoOD LUck :flowerforyou:
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    Looking at your diary,you don't even take in the 1200 min cals a female should take in. Then on top of that,you are exercising. Sorry to say you will never lose weight as long as you keep that up.Your body is storing everything you eat,just to keep your body working properly.

^^^ what he said.

Eat NO LESS than 1200 per day, EVER!!!

and if you exercise, eat back ALL of not MOST of your exercise calories. Trust me! You are underrating right now, and your body is going into what most people call "starvation mode." Your body will hold everything it has, because it's not getting enough fuel. 1200 is already a deficit set to make you lose weight. Anything less, people typically will end up gaining.
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 11.5lb since 2/01/12 and at one point I went 4 weeks without losing anything! HOWEVER..... I have lost 3 inches on my waist and hips. I am exercising a lot for the first time in my life and the changes I am seeing in my body are incredible!

so please be patient and make sure you measure yourself... the inches loss kept me focused! the scales made me depressed!
    This week I have lost 2.5lb in 3 days... It does just happen! please keep focused and carry on! this is a long process. Oh and by the way.... I am losing more now I am eating more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    I don't know how much weight you've got to lose, but you won't lose every day unless you're significantly overweight. It's slower than that, unfortunately...

Edit: Just saw you're only 9 and something stone - so definitely not significantly overweight!
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    This is a very slow moving science project. Just take it easy.

Love this analogy!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Working out does not count towards your activity level on this site. Those calories are added after you do the workouts.

OP, 3 days is not long enough to see results.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I'll add to the chorus. Patience is key. I know how frustrating it can be but stick to it!