Nandos UK help please!

Options
Hi all,

So i LOVE a nandos. Just have a few questions which i would really appreciated help with:

1) are the chicken wraps wholemeal?? i have never had one but they look nice!!

2) is the spicy rice wholemeal or white rice?

3) Does the spice you have alter the calories at all? e.g. i normally have butterfly chicken with lemon and herb but i can only find the nutritional info for a plain butterfly chicken!

think thats all! thank youuuu xxxx

Replies

• BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If you can't find the info on here you can ask for their nutritional book in the restaurant when you go in. They have a massive book that lists everything in it for every type of food.

My son has allergies so always have to sheck recipes when we go out, and their book is brilliant!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    In the UK I'sd say it was highly unlikely that teh wraps are wholemeal or the rice is brown - sorry!
  • princessruthiebelle
    princessruthiebelle Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    if i remember correctly its white wraps n white rice!
  • roslynds9
    roslynds9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If you go to the nandos website the menu has nutritional information for each food item, just click into it and it should tell you calories etc. I eat at Nandos quite regularly and always find it very easy to log it on here.
  • Kayleighpaul1985
    Kayleighpaul1985 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I went to nandos yesterday for lunch

Had double chicken breat pitta and spicy rice

The rice and the pitta were both white

Total calories were around 650 so not bad at all for eating out

x
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    I went to nandos yesterday for lunch

Had double chicken breat pitta and spicy rice

The rice and the pitta were both white

Total calories were around 650 so not bad at all for eating out

x

Thanks hun. I avoid white carbs at all costs (dont make me feel good at all!). think i'll stick to plain chicken then. thanku! xxx
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nando's website has the nutritional data of all it's menu items
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the wrap, but the spicy rice is yellow rice with bits of peppers and stuff in it, it's really tasty.

I think with the spices, as a rule of thumb I usually go with the idea that spicy sauces aren't very calorific, but creamy ones are - I think you'll be fine. I have a nando's medium peri-peri sauce at home for cooking and it only adds about 15 calories to my chicken but makes it taste amazing.
  • lbadders1988
    Options
    butterfly chicken is lovely, have it with macho peas gorgeousssss be aware butterfly chicken comes in skin so make sure to remove it, although the NI's on website include skin xxx
  • Chilli67
    Chilli67 Posts: 2
    Options
    I also love nandos but don't get to go very much, but I do my own at home and it's so much more healthier. I use a normal pitta bread, toast and cut in half, then either cook my own chicken or get a ready cooked chicken and shred it, add a layer of lettuce, chicken, mayo, nandos sauce and then do the same with another layer. One whole pitta bread with all the filling comes to under 500 calories, and it's tastier and filling. Prefer my own now. xx
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I think I might be going to Nandos tomorrow with friends so I thought I would plan my meal before I went

http://www.nandos.co.uk/themenu

The link above takes you to the menu, click nutrition under anything to get cals, fat, etc. if anyone's interested.
    I was shocked at some of them. The chips having over 350 cals for a regular portion, that's more than a chicken breast burger! Crazy.
  • sarat1987
    sarat1987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a chicken breast burger and sweetcorn with no butter. I can't remember the exact calories but as someone has said, all the info is on their website. Just have a look and decide what your having before you go so that your not tempted :) enjoy!