My First NSV

Options
vidoardes
vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
Before I started trying to get fit and healthy, I was always late for work, despite the fact I only live 15 minutes away. It's because I would just stay in bed until 8:30, even though my wife gets up early for her work I would just ignore the alarm and go back to sleep for another hour or 2.

Since I started trying to shape up (nearly 40 days ago now) I have been getting up at 6am every morning, so I can do exercise every day before work. Apart from one day when my wife was ill all night, I have done this without fail.

Today, I would up as my alarm went off at 6, and felt quite groggy. I laid back and closed my eyes, and thought to myself "I could just stay in bed, just this once... I've been good right? I deserve a treat..."

... but I didn't. I got up, and I pushed extra hard with the exercise this morning for thinking about being lazy again!

Also I am pretty chuffed with how good I have been with my easter eggs, as I have been making sure I don't eat too much in one go.

Replies

• mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Nice! It all has to start with a change in the brain - you got it!
  • jlm_getfit
    jlm_getfit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What does NSV stand for? I have only been on MFP for just over 2 weeks and I keep seeing this acronym in postings. By the way, good job getting up this morning and working out!
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    What does NSV stand for? I have only been on MFP for just over 2 weeks and I keep seeing this acronym in postings. By the way, good job getting up this morning and working out!
    Non Scale Victory
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Now that is a victory indeed. Keep up the good work.
  • jlm_getfit
    jlm_getfit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Got it! Thank you!
  • torontobaby
    Options
    Keep going. Sometimes it is the little things that inspire us to make us work at being healthy.
  • Allisonvl
    Allisonvl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! I love it when something just clicks and changes for you. Great job! And good job on the eggs - that's hard to resist!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!