Charity walks, runs, etc.

Options
42kgirl
42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
I may have this in the wrong forum. Does anyone have any experience organizing a charity run/walk? A dear friend and my favorite cycle instructor has been diagnosed with cervical cancer. Her insurance company will only pay up to $1000 for radiation as they consider it an outpatient procedure. Messed up!!! The gym I work at is doing all kinds of fundraisers and I am in charge of organizing a walk from one of our locations to the other. It is in support of our good friend, but also in support of all gynecological cancer research. Having lost my mom last year to ovarian cancer, it's especially important to me. Any tips or info will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• 42kgirl
    Options
    Everybody in the Tyrone, Peachtree City, Fayetteville, GA area keep Saturday, June 9 open. This will be the day of all our 'thons! It will definitely be a lot of fun and couldn't support a better cause!
  • 42kgirl
    Options
    Bump
  • sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    keep Saturday, June 9 open

I'm interested! Post more details when you have them. I'm adding June 9 to my calendar. :-)
  • 42kgirl
    Options
    keep Saturday, June 9 open

I'm interested! Post more details when you have them. I'm adding June 9 to my calendar. :-)
    I will definitely post more details as I get them. We need sponsors. If you know of any companies that might be interested in donating money, goods, or services, PM me and I'll give you all the contact info. Thanks!
  • 42kgirl
    Options
    bump