New and needing some support! (I'm from the UK)

Options
Hi All,

Ive been on here nearly a week now and already I'm craving a chocolate, icecreams sweets but trying my hardest to resist.

I think im in need of some motivation and support from others! I'd also love to see all the progress you've all made whilst being on MFP to give me the motivation to get fit also!

Thanks!

Replies

• ybcochrane
    ybcochrane Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    hi...feel free to add me. i'm from the uk too and still at the start of my journey.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You can slip your self some chocolate here and there so you don't have massive cravings. A couple of hershey' kisses here and there can do wonders for your attitude! Craving can kill your good intentions! They have done mine in on occasion!

If you like to cook things for yourself, here is something I found on one of the blogs here recently. I sure can't take credit for it, but I plan to make some!

Chocolate Chunk Muffins

Ingredients:

1 3/4 c oats

3 egg whites
    3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
    1/2 tsp cream of tartar (or 1-1/2 Tbsp. vinegar)
    1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 cup hot water
    1 cup sugar substitute (like Splenda granular) OR 1/4 cup + 2 tbs stevia
    1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or use white chocolate or peanut butter chips!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
    In a blender, (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.
    Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.
    Place muffins tins in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the oven (but don’t shut oven off), and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
    Place the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. *Note, you could skip this step by putting all of the chips in the batter, and baking the muffins for 12-15 min straight, but this method gives the muffins the traditional ‘VitaTop Muffin’ look with the chocolate chips on top!
    Cool muffins before removing from pan. ENJOY!!!
    Servings: 12 Big Muffins or 24 Smaller Muffins
    Calories: 116 Calories Per Muffin or 58 Calories Per Muffin
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am in the UK as well, feel free to add me.
  • tilleyflop
    Options
    Hi, I am from the UK and just joined today, add me to your friends list if you like. I personally find that if you deprive yourself of everything that you like will make you crave it more, a little bit of chocolate etc., will not do you any harm, but a lot will. Everything in moderation. When you feel hungry, try and distract yourself with something else, like a hobby or something. I have taken up learning to knit to keep my mind occupied with something other than food.
  • KMPOWELL79
    KMPOWELL79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi, feel free to add me. Im from the uk but live in Nz now, its a great site, keep at it. took me about a month to really get addicted but youll see results quickly if your consistent.

check out other peoples food diarys and plan your next day food menu ahead of time... i found that helped me. Also turkish delights are pretty good choc fixes. I usually cut it in half and have it most evenings as a treat. Plan your day of food and in time it becomes a natural life choice. ...lol
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm I'm not sure help on avoiding bad food comes from a muffin recipe ?
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm not from the UK, but I am very fond of it, because my grandmother was born there and my daughter went to university there. The way I deal with chocolate cravings is to have 2 dark chocolate covered almonds after my mid day meal. It is a treat, so I look forward to it, and it keeps me from craving sweets later in the day.

Feel free to add me too.
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Am in the UK also - feel free to add me. Have only just joined this week so looking for people to help support me also :)
  • Tari_D
    Tari_D Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I'm from the UK and have been on here a few months now. I got a lot of chocolate over Easter which is tempting me so I've been allowing myself a little a day worked into my calories and if it doesn't fit into my calorie goal i go for a jog to earn it.

Plan ahead your meals for the day so that you can leave some calories spare (say by picking a healthier dinner) that way you can treat yourself to the things you like guilt free!

Feel free to add me (the OP or anyone) and I'll try and help keep you motivated. My diary is open to friends and you can see that I often indulge but I am almost never over on my goals for the week - i think this is what means I'm still happily chugging along on here and can make the change long term.