It's not just about the scale (Pictures)

Options
As a woman, the scale number ruled my day! That number on the scale in the morning was either good or bad. It would determine my mood, how my day would unfold, how I would act. Not any more.

I still weigh every day but only as a guideline. If I'm up, then I take a look at what time of the month it is, or did I eat too much sodium or sugar the day before. Do I need to intake more water, etc. It's just a number now, not a deal maker or breaker! Here is why.

I've been consistently weighing around 141-142 for the past 3-4 weeks, but my measurements have been dropping. I LOVE lifting weights. I do it daily with a split routine. I lift heavy, but I am not bulky at all. There will be pictures below!

I'm just excited to share and hopefully motivate someone out there as I have been motivated by all of you!

Today's measurements

Height: 65 inches (5'5")
Neck: 12.25
Waist: 26
Hips: 38.25
BF%: 24.6

Starting Measurements (6/01/2011)
Height: 65 inches
Neck: 12.8
Waist: 34
Hips: 43.75
BF%: 40.34%

So the scale may only say 23.6 lbs. lost, but actually, I've lost 31.78 lbs. of fat and gained 8.2 lbs of muscle! Dropping from a very tight size 14 to a comfy size 6 and even a few 4s depending on designer! I never thought I could gain that! I figured if you gain that kind of muscle, you bulk up, but I've learned from reading, my trainer, and my experiences, that unless you have a lot of testosterone, you cannot bulk up as a woman! I still have the cellulite and stretchmarks, but that's okay! I'm happy and healthy!

You get to see what I look like at 7am, sorry! I did not smile. I thought I would crop out my head, but I just decided what the heck!

ry%3D400ry%3D400
ry%3D400ry%3D400
ry%3D400ry%3D400

And then just for fun pose!

ry%3D400

Replies

• xButterflyEffectx
    xButterflyEffectx Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job. I hope I can do at least half that much. Colette
  • fitrene
    fitrene Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I know you can do it!
  • Mel1959a
    Mel1959a Posts: 7
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep th ebefore pics so you don't go back.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    great job! your before pic is the same body type as mine, but i'm 5'1. Glad to see the great job that you have done :) congrats
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! you can see the huge change in your body! great job!
  • Amy271189
    Amy271189 Posts: 66
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congrats =)