Am I doing this right??

Options
I have 1500 cal a day as my base, I have eaten breakfast, lunch, dinner all healthy foods nothing bad for me, gained an extra 330 cals for 1hrs excerise giving me a net of 992 cals for the day. I am totally stuffed and can't eat another thing, but I am so far off of my daily goal of needed calories. Hope someone understands what I have written and can put me on the right track if I'm going wrong.

Replies

• M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    I think your off to a good start b/c your tracking your foods. However, you can add calories by eating nuts, bananas, berries (loaded w/healthy calories and vitamins) and add healthy fats like avocado's, salmon, olive oils, etc. You can also try protein shakes and eggs to increase your protein levels this helps you feel full longer.

While you say you feel full on 992 NET calories...do you have energy? Do you feel strong when working out? How is your endurance...can you push yourself to the max w/o feeling faint or dizzy?

I have a similar problem meeting my NET calories b/c my stomach shrinks when I dont eat so when I do I feel uncomfortable/painful...as a result when I tried to push my cardio I often had to stop b/c of dizziness and feeling faint. I also felt tired and weak even when I wasnt working out! *Not Good At All*.

Try to add some variety to your meals and see if you can up your NET goals. I would only add 100-200 for a couple of weeks to see how your body adjusts....Dont worry if your weight goes up! That's normal...your fueling your body so you can exersize more.
    In the end you'll feel healthy, work out longer and see results on the scale/tape .

Hth!:smile:
  • lel123uk
    lel123uk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks, now im on my 2nd week i am experimenting more with my foods rather than eating salad salad and more salad.
    This has given me the oppertunity to try food items ive never had to create better meals