Has anyone ever tried this?

Replies

• SkinnyScouser
    Options
    ANY ONE.......................
  • urbanmyth
    urbanmyth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes. I did it before my wedding and dropped the final 10lb I was trying to get rid of. It's boring and gets monotonous eating the same things each day, but I had a clear end goal (my wedding day!) so it was worth the effort. The weight slipped off in a matter of weeks and I didn't really feel the nasty effects some people talk about - bad breath, lethargy, etc.

I've since taken the Dukan values and learned a lot about protein and its importance. I eat 'a bit of everything' but my diet is mostly protein-centric with a good dose of complex carbs.
  • SkinnyScouser
    Options
    If you don't mind (and have the time)

Can you quickly explain it to me???
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    Diets are temporary. If you don't intend to eat the way the diet is THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, you'll more than likely gain back weight you lost.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    The Dukan diet starts off with a few days (depending on how much you need to lose) of eating protein only. Then you alternate with protein only day followed by protein and veg day

http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/en/336-dukan-coaching/the-dukan-method.html
  • urbanmyth
    urbanmyth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Diets are temporary. If you don't intend to eat the way the diet is THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, you'll more than likely gain back weight you lost.

Not true. I haven't gained back any of my pre-wedding weight. Like I said above, the short term Dukan diet taught me how to value nutrition better. It is always about discipline. If one remains focused on eating the right food in the right quantity, there's no reason to regain the weight from a temporary diet.