Do's and Dont's for the Newbie :)

Options
The first thing I want to say to the new people who have joined MFP is it is so awesome you have started your journey! I am so proud of you and yes, you CAN do this! This website has been a critical tool in helping me lose weight and get healthy. My friends are super supportive and I don't know what I would do without them! I think with time you will find good friends like I have and you'll see what I mean.

After a year and a half of seeing friends come and go, when I befriend someone these thoughts usually cross my mind. I figured I would help newcomers with a few tips of "dos and dont's".

Do's:
:happy: Fill out your profile! It shows your commitment and I want to know who I am becoming friends with!
:wink: Put a picture up, even if its an avatar.
:tongue: Comment on your friends statuses every once in a while. Give and take.
:bigsmile: If you ask for advice, prepare for some that you like and some that you may not care for. Maybe being out of your "comfort zone" is what you need.
:glasses: Try.
:flowerforyou: ***Think*** before you write something

400372_3083588649535_1258420342_326.jpg

Dont's:
:ohwell: Don't expect others to keep you "accountable". The only person who lets yourself down is you when you eat that hamburger.
:frown: Don't be a "Debbie Downer". It is one thing to ask for help when you struggle but if that is all you do, your going to start bringing people down. It is hard enough to keep motivated on your own, we don't need that extra "voice" saying negative things.
:grumble: Dont judge others, everyone starts somewhere. We are all learning.
:cry: If someone is doing poorly and you want to address a concern, don't plaster it all over their wall. Send them a private message and be nice!
:huh: This is a personal opinion but...pictures of boobs and butts is not what this website is about. Save it for a eharmony.

Just sayin...;)

Replies