Looking for a very basic chicken breast recipe

Options
LA723
LA723 Posts: 98 Member
I am looking for a very simple recipe to make juicy, tender chicken breast that I can cut up, save and use for other recipes. I am used to eating drumsticks so any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• leenites
    leenites Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have ever considered this before but I eat microwaved chicken breast. Or sometimes I just boil them. No seasoning. The pure taste of chicken can be quite addicting after a while.

Of course, adding pepper and adobo too occasionally to spice things up.

A more "acceptable" way is probably grilling it!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Cut chicken breast lengthwise so that they are no thicker than half an inch

Make a marinade of balsamic vinegar, dried "Italian Seasoning" from McCormick or whatever brand, and a little EVOO (optional)

Combine the marinade and chicken. The chicken should be completely coated in the marinade. Let it sit for a few minutes while your grill pan is heating up on medium-high heat

Throw (not literally lol) chicken on grill pan. Enjoy the aroma. Turn after three-ish minutes. Cook the other side for three-ish minutes. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken.

Enjoy.
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Put 3-5 breasts in a glass baking dish, season with salt / pepper/ cajun seasoning/ whatever. Cover & bake 30-35 minutes @ 350*
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Cut chicken breast lengthwise so that they are no thicker than half an inch

Make a marinade of balsamic vinegar, dried "Italian Seasoning" from McCormick or whatever brand, and a little EVOO (optional)

Combine the marinade and chicken. The chicken should be completely coated in the marinade. Let it sit for a few minutes while your grill pan is heating up on medium-high heat

Throw (not literally lol) chicken on grill pan. Enjoy the aroma. Turn after three-ish minutes. Cook the other side for three-ish minutes. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken.

Enjoy.

Did this yesterday but with different seasoning. I didn't let it sit before popping in the oven though so I'll remember that tip for next time. Thanks.
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    This also makes a great seasoning. It's a faux version of the seasoning from Red Robin restaurant

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Red-Robin-Seasoning-Recipe.html
  • Andrea_McQ
    Andrea_McQ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Put 3-5 breasts in a glass baking dish, season with salt / pepper/ cajun seasoning/ whatever. Cover & bake 30-35 minutes @ 350*
    I do them this way, or individually wrapped in tinfoil instead of the baking dish. I only cook for 25 mins though, but they don't dry out as they are covered anyway.

Individual parcels just means I can do different flavourings, either for variety for myself or to make some a little less spicy for the smallies in the house. Paprika is my current favourite, but I also love Thai 7 spice, Spicy Italian, Cajun, ....

They are great with some rice or veggies for dinner, or cut up for salads or sandwiches and hot or cold.

Hungry now! :-)
  • missbex24
    missbex24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like to pour some Kraft Free Zesty Italian dressing over boneless, skinless chicken breasts and baked them. It gives them a little kick, and works well with salad. It's easy and fast.
  • Pamdiane82
    Pamdiane82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Get a can of "OLD BAY" and follow the receipe for the marinated chicken. It's super easy and always comes out juicy!!!!! Everyone should have a can of this spice!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I put frozen chicken breasts into my crock pot, sprinkle with Mrs. Dash and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Super tender and easy:bigsmile:
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Marinate in mojo criollo (very mild marinade that will keep the breast moist when cooking.) You can find it in multiple places in the grocery store but it's usually cheapest in the ethnic food section (Mexican/Hispanic.) Marinate the chicken overnight. You can bake in a glass dish with a lid or wrapped in an aluminum foil packet to keep it moist or you can grill it. I use this chicken for everything.
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have ever considered this before but I eat microwaved chicken breast. Or sometimes I just boil them. No seasoning. The pure taste of chicken can be quite addicting after a while.

Of course, adding pepper and adobo too occasionally to spice things up.

A more "acceptable" way is probably grilling it!

I was going to say this same thing! I put a boneless chicken breast in a baggie and nuke it in the microwave. You can even season it. The most juicy piece of chicken I ever made!
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ingredients
    • 1lb chicken breast boneless, skinless
    • 1 package frozen broccoli, broken apart
    • 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
    • 3 T. fat free mayo
    • 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
    • Bake, Grill, or Boil chicken breast until done and drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces.
    • In a square or round casserole dish, mix mayo and soup. Add broccoli and chicken and mix well. Sprinkle with cheese.
    • Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Servings Per Recipe: 4
    Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272.5; Total Fat: 6.4g; Total Carbs: 15.8g; Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g; Protein: 36.2 g

I don't use the mayo in mine and its still good =)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Poach them in chicken stock. They're ready in about 20 minutes. You can keep them in the stock in the fridge. I like to use the resulting liquid to make risotto with.
  • Annie_ga
    Annie_ga Posts: 72
    Options
    If you put a pan of water under the chicken in the oven, the chicken will incorporate the steam and will turn out very juicy. I usually just season with s&p and italian seasonings. Enjoy!
  • dellgriffin
    Options
    1 - 2 lbs of chicken (breast, thighs, etc)
    Jar of salsa (any kind)
    One package of taco seasoning (low sodium if you can find it)

Cook in a crock pot for 6-8 hours on low or 4 - 6 hrs on high.

You can add onions, corn, beans, or anything else you can think of to really extend the life of this dish.
  • ShanaGore
    ShanaGore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    make a marinade using fruit juice, my favorite is use a can of pineapple chunks in 100% pineapple juice. I usually cut the boneless, skinless chicken breasts into smaller, thinner pieces so they will cook quicker. Mix the pineapple juice w/spices you like and 1 tablespoon EVOO, I use garlic, pepper and cilantro a lot, but use whatever flavors you like. Let the chicken soak in the marinade for a few hours. I usually put the chicken in a glass dish with the marinade in the morning and let it soak during the day while I am at work. When ready to cook, put the pineapple chunks on top the chicken Then put in the oven on 350 for about 20 min. The chicken is very tender and (make some extra to use as a salad topping or something with future meals) and the texture and taste of the warm pineapple is very good.