What's for lunch?

Options
I usually have a lean cuisine or a homemade deli sandwich but I am looking for some new idea's.
Any suggestions??

Replies

• Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese with some kind of fruit in it.
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My lunches are very boring. Just a can of Progresso Light soup and some saltines.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I made homemade stir-fry last night. Made my own sauce with reduced sodium soy sauce, light rice vinegar, oyster sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and corn starch. Cook the meat first, then when it's almost done toss in frozen stir-fry veggies and your sauce goes in last. I eat mine over brown rice. Once you have the sauces/spices, cooking is wayyyy cheaper than Lean Cuisines. The 1/2 lb of tenderloins cost about $1 and the veggies were about $1.25. Rice is $1.40. So for $3.65 I fed myself 2.5 servings with 1 cup of rice and 1 cup of stir-fry each.
  • lilmonita
    Options
    Try this:

2 cups of Baby Spinach lettuce
    1 tbsp sliced almonds
    1/8 cup of reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
    1 100-calorie pack Ocean Spray Craisins
    some Ken's lite accents Raspberry Walnut dressing

Great salad...nice and refreshing :)
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Me, too! Infact, today I made my cottage cheese smoothie for lunch...so yummy!

Sometimes I will "treat" myself at lunch by having a homemade mini-pizza with half a Multi Grain Flat Out wrap, dab of pasta sauce, 2 oz. shredded reduced fat marble cheese and loaded with yummy peppers! It's SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Me, too! Infact, today I made my cottage cheese smoothie for lunch...so yummy!

Sometimes I will "treat" myself at lunch by having a homemade mini-pizza with half a Multi Grain Flat Out wrap, dab of pasta sauce, 2 oz. shredded reduced fat marble cheese and loaded with yummy peppers! It's SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds really good.
  • didi9996
    didi9996 Posts: 10
    Options
    Homemade turkey burger on whole wheat buns with cucumbers. Sooo delicious and filling!

Also good chicken breast in whole wheat pita with plain yogurt.

261660.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • xeniasimms
    Options
    I HATE HATE HATE cottage cheese!

didi9996, your suggestions sound delicious!
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    See the post I just added under Recipes for Tomato "bruschetta" with tuna and cannelini beans. I just had a serving of that for lunch and it was fantastic!!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    A chicken breast with souvlaki sauce :love: :love: it's basically greek yogurt, feta, olive oil, and dill
    http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1687639

Also, a red cabbage salad with dates, almonds, and oranges:
    http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1140621

Who needs a personal chef?? Not me, but a housekeeper would be great :laugh:
  • didi9996
    didi9996 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks....I so look forward to the turkey burgers! I'm eating them everyday practically for lunch tho, probably get sick of it soon.

261660.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter