Shrimp, asparagus, and penne pasta recipe?

Options
faithjobes
faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
I saw one somewhere and can't remember where...sounded yummy..anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    I have nothing to add except that sounds yummy, if I only liked shrimp
  • Kanderson47
    Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    FROM KRAFTFOODS.COM

Asparagus and Shrimp with Penne Pasta

Rate Recipe Prep Time: 15 min Total Time: 27 min Makes: 6 servings, about 1-1/2 cups each What You Need1 bunch (1 lb.) asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces 1/2 cup prepared GOOD SEASONS Garlic & Herb Dressing Mix, divided 1 lb. cleaned medium shrimp 1 large red pepper, cut into thin strips 2 cups penne pasta or ziti pasta, uncooked 1 pkg. (4 oz.) ATHENOS Traditional Feta Cheese Make It
    COOK asparagus in 1 Tbsp. of the prepared dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add shrimp and red pepper; cover. Cook 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

MEANWHILE, cook pasta as directed on package.

DRAIN pasta; place in large serving bowl. Add remaining dressing, asparagus mixture and cheese; toss lightly. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until chilled.
    Kraft Kitchens TipsHealthy LivingLooking to include more whole grains in your diet? Then use whole-wheat pasta in this Greek-inspired meal.Storage Know-HowStand fresh asparagus spears upright in a container filled with about 1 inch of water. Cover with a plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 3 days.Shrimp SizesThe size of a shrimp is indicated by the count or number of shrimp per pound. The smaller the number, the larger the shrimp. Shrimp size terminology varies from place to place, so the count is the most accurate way to call for shrimp in a recipe. A basic guideline is: 11 to 15 is jumbo; 16 to 20 is extra large; 21 to 30 is large; 31 to 35 is medium and 36 to 45 is small.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I do not know if this is it but I googled shrimp,asparagus, and penne pasta and a cooking light recipe came up so I copied and pasted.:smile: I even included the nutrition info.

Yield
    4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)

Ingredients
    1 cup uncooked penne (tube-shaped pasta)
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus (about 3/4 pound)
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
    1/2 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
    1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
    Preparation
    Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.

While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, onion, garlic, and shrimp; sauté for 5 minutes. Add oregano, pepper, and tomatoes; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in cooked pasta; sprinkle with cheese.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:292 (22% from fat)
    Fat:7g (sat 2g,mono 3.3g,poly 1g)
    Protein:21.6g
    Carbohydrate:36.3g
    Fiber:4.1g
    Cholesterol:91mg
    Iron:4.8mg
    Sodium:738mg
    Calcium:215mg
    Cooking Light, OCTOBER 2001
  • faithjobes
    Options
    I do not know if this is it but I googled shrimp,asparagus, and penne pasta and a cooking light recipe came up so I copied and pasted.:smile: I even included the nutrition info.

Yield

Ingredients
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    Preparation

While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, onion, garlic, and shrimp; sauté for 5 minutes. Add oregano, pepper, and tomatoes; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in cooked pasta; sprinkle with cheese.

Nutritional Information

Both sound good but I have all the igredients for this one so I'll try it and let you know. Thanks for including nutritional info!!!!
  • faithjobes
    Options

Yield

Ingredients
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    Preparation

Nutritional Information

Both sound good but I have all the igredients for this one so I'll try it and let you know. Thanks for including nutritional info!!!!

IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!! THANK YOU! WILL USE THIS ONE AGAIN SOON!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    bump
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump! thanks sounds great!
  • joanewright
    Options
    bump
  • Angel31