It's not just about the scale (picture)

Options

Replies

• fitrene
    fitrene Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!

I'm going to a formal banquet this Saturday and I can't wait to show off my slimmer self and arms in my gown!

I think I have a pretty common figure for a lot of women and to see that those women helped motivate me and then I can help motivate others, just makes me want to work that much harder!

You all are AMAZING!
  • CrazyBullies
    Options
    you look awesome!!!!!!! such a motivation. I need to remeasure to see what i'm at now! i try and weigh myself once a week..... But again, you look great!!! good work! :)
  • loislane22
    Options
    You look amazing! You waist is sooo tiny, what a difference. Keep up the great work, you are a huge motivation for other women.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Have fun this Sat.!
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I also have this posted in motivation and support. Wasn't sure where to post this topic.

As a woman, the scale number ruled my day! That number on the scale in the morning was either good or bad. It would determine my mood, how my day would unfold, how I would act. Not any more.

I still weigh every day but only as a guideline. If I'm up, then I take a look at what time of the month it is, or did I eat too much sodium or sugar the day before. Do I need to intake more water, etc. It's just a number now, not a deal maker or breaker! Here is why.

I've been consistently weighing around 141-142 for the past 3-4 weeks, but my measurements have been dropping. I LOVE lifting weights. I do it daily with a split routine. I lift heavy, but I am not bulky at all. There will be pictures below!

I'm just excited to share and hopefully motivate someone out there as I have been motivated by all of you!

Today's measurements

Height: 65 inches (5'5")
    Neck: 12.25
    Waist: 26
    Hips: 38.25
    BF%: 24.6

Starting Measurements (6/01/2011)
    Height: 65 inches
    Neck: 12.8
    Waist: 34
    Hips: 43.75
    BF%: 40.34%

So the scale may only say 23.6 lbs. lost, but actually, I've lost 31.78 lbs. of fat and gained 8.2 lbs of muscle! Dropping from a very tight size 14 to a comfy size 6 and even a few 4s depending on designer! I never thought I could gain that! I figured if you gain that kind of muscle, you bulk up, but I've learned from reading, my trainer, and my experiences, that unless you have a lot of testosterone, you cannot bulk up as a woman! I still have the cellulite and stretchmarks, but that's okay! I'm happy and healthy!

You get to see what I look like at 7am, sorry! I did not smile. I thought I would crop out my head, but I just decided what the heck!

ry%3D400ry%3D400
    ry%3D400ry%3D400
    ry%3D400ry%3D400

And then just for fun pose!

ry%3D400
    I'm trying to get into this same mind set. WTG!!!!!
  • SoBodyMazing
    Options
    You look great! Can definitely see a difference.
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    hooray for lifting! You give me hope :) You look fantastic!
  • kebrina1983
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • tsdsign
    tsdsign Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    pure class, what a transformation!! keep with it, those results are really coming on now! well done
  • Mach5ive
    Mach5ive Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • serenetranquility
    serenetranquility Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You are my goal :) How long did you plug away to get to where you are now?
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! You look amazing and you are so right! We can't live by the scale, but by how good we feel and how strong we are. I hope you are doing something fun to celebrate your success!
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Very fun story! I like the unedited pics and the info about not being a slave to the scale, but turning it into a helpful guide. That's where I live. And, of course, the results......they're great! congratulations! May you continue with success on your journey.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, the just for fun pose -- adorable! I am the same height as you, although a different shape. I may borrow your fun pose for when I post my photos (consider it a tribute) hopefully soon! Terrific job. :)
  • serenetranquility
    serenetranquility Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    And then just for fun pose!

That fun pose is bad@$$
  • fitrene
    fitrene Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You are my goal :) How long did you plug away to get to where you are now?

It took me about 6 months. I started in June, really working out, but the weight wouldn't budge and I didn't feel good. I found out in October that I am gluten intolerant and once I eliminated gluten and sugar, the weight just fell off. I think I had the muscle underneath the fat, but you couldn't see it despite working out hard and eating right, but the whole grains were keeping the weight on.

I lift every day for about 20-30 minutes then follow that with 30 minutes of cardio. I also have a pretty labor intensive job. I work as a dishwasher for a very large school. I lift and walk constantly for 3+ hours, but I don't know that I get any real benefit from that, but have more muscle and less fat has certainly helped me stay injury free and I'm not exhausted now when I'm done!

Good luck! You can do it!
  • AGREENLEE1960
    AGREENLEE1960 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :wink: Thank you for the motivation! I just picked up some hand weights..gonna start gettin some of those muscles!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    you look great. thank u for sharing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!