Is the first week always the hardest one?

Options
It is the first time in a while that i am actually setting my goals to 2 pounds per week. Before i was trying to do crazy fast weight loss, which obviously never worked. Now I am a really short college student so I am allowed to set my calorie goals to less than 1200 w/o going into starvation mode. I was wondering if anyone else thinks like this? It seems like the first few days have always been the hardest ones to get through. Need motivation!

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    The first week is usually the hardest! I'm on a first week again myself, due to binging like crazy the last few days...

Really short? How short is that? For the average person, 1600 calories is considered minimum. A lot of diet websites will take you down to 1200. This is the absolute minimum without doctor supervision. Going any lower risks issues with your heart, liver and kidneys.

Stick to the 1200 for a while. Try to be more active. Take the long way around between classes, when you can. Every little bit helps!
  • Kendralatricewilliams
    Options
    The first few weeks ar the hardest. And even as you progress its still takes a stong will power to stay on track. But u are going to have to eat more calories because to burn calories u have to have them to burn. T ry to get as many friends as possible. and u need a good support system outside of MFP. Try introducing MFP to ur classmates. And instead of driving to class walk, instaed of elevator take the stairs. At lunch have salads. Get a backpack to carry books as you walk to class. Carry all your books even if you dont have that class that day. Every little bit helps. Im going to send u a friend request because more friends, more motivation. Always read others sucess stories on MFP, especially ones with before and after pics. It really helps
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Its actually the first two weeks that are the hardest. Its a life change so its not gonna be easy. Ive been doing it for three weeks now and on the elliptial yesturday I wanted to get off so bad but i just kept saying " you get out of it what you put in it". For me finding a quote or a picture that I can think about when I am working out of making food choice really help.
  • ElHombre23
    ElHombre23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yes it’s the hardest but don't be fooled, it will take weeks and months to fully break all the old habits and along the way you will have plenty of temptations and bumps on the road. I preach resilience at all times in order to be successful.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Try not to think out food. Take it hour by hour and have a little look and see how much a food is before eating it. I cut out some cups of coffee and stuff like that that I didn;t realise had calories to make room for real food

Keep trying mind you, be worth it, and loads of support here, great site
  • menalovesmuffins
    Options
    Thank you! I am 4ft 9 so that is really small, I'm gonna keep my calories at 1200.
    I've been trying no to think about food but
    It has definitely been hard. I lost 30 pounds about 3
    Years ago but gained 20 lately. I wish I had the same
    Self control I had but maybe it was hard then And I can't remember?
    A lot of my friends here keep telling me I look find
    And want to go out partying but until I develop a
    Little more control I would rather stay in and some homework
    Or dancing in my apt! I keep telling myself it's 2
    Months of hard work against months and months of regretting
    the weight gain. Sorry I'm rambling too much
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I don't start over anymore. I have bad meals, I fall off the wagon, I pick my self up and keep on marching on. I always repeat to myself "I am not my limitations, I am a warrior, I will win, I am what I dream." This my truth now, find yours and your set for life.