How many calories burned???

Options
I work in a factory, (sometimes, when I'm not laid off), and I was wondering about how many calories are burned in an 8 hour day. I walk a lot, I'd say at a leisurely pace, about 6 out of the 8 hours. I can't find this in the database, since it's random, so can anyone help me? Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi there ... if you go to the Exercise Tab ... then to Cardiovascular ... and do a search for "walking" it will give you various walking speed examples to choose from ... then enter the amount of time walked and it will tell you how many calories were burned. I hope this helps some.
  • myfitz4life
    myfitz4life Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would enter it under Exercise>cardiovascular>walking 2.0mph for 6 hours (which is 360 min.). I am not sure how many calories that would be b/c I don't know your weight, but thats pretty good exercise :smile:
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I would THINK this kind of walking should be included when it asked what lifestyle you lived, as far as sedentary, active, very active.....I would make sure that was set to very active, and then not count your walking at work at exercize....I may be wrong and others may disagree, but I would think that would be most accurate!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I would THINK this kind of walking should be included when it asked what lifestyle you lived, as far as sedentary, active, very active.....I would make sure that was set to very active, and then not count your walking at work at exercize....I may be wrong and others may disagree, but I would think that would be most accurate!

yes i would say you have an active job in your profile this should work out the difference, since its not really excercise i wouldnt add it as a daily extras.
  • jewely82
    jewely82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Like the previous person said this kind of thing should be included in your lifestyle. I work retail and am constantly running around all day so I put down that my lifestyle was "active." MFP gives you a different amount for your daily calorie allowance based on how much you move around during the day without any additional exercise. If you exercise besides what is part of your daily routine then you get more calories added to what you can eat for the day.

If you need to change your day to day activity level you can do this by clicking on "settings" under the "My Home" tab. Then click on "Update diet/fitness profile." Hope this helps.:smile:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options

I agree with this!
  • cyndijoy
    cyndijoy Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks so much!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    yep, don't enter work as exercise. Up your activity level. If you're walking 6 hours a day at a light pace, that would be lightly active.