First NSV - I've become "one of those people" :D

Options
NinjaChickie
NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
Experienced my first NSV yesterday. :happy:

I went out for a walk/jog after work. Weather was cloudy, but still dry. About 1/3 way through my planned route, it started to drizzle, but I decided to keep going anyways. I started to notice people at the bus stops giving me nasty looks.

Then about 1/2 way through route, it started to down pour. Since I was already wet, I just kept going. The nasty looks I was getting kept coming, I was really confused..... until..... someone in a car honked and gave me a thumbs up.... then I realised they weren't nasty looks at all they were "I wish I had her motivation / jealousy" looks :laugh:

Replies

• allisonmrichard
    allisonmrichard Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh, ignore those nasty looks. They just secretly wish they could have that motivation! Jealousy. ;) Glad you realized it! Congratulations on your NSV!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats on becoming "one of those people"!
  • Those are the looks I get when I whip out my fruits and veggies and beans at lunch. I LOVE GETTING THOSE LOOKS. Like why would she eat all that good for you food when she's already skinny looks. AHHHH THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE THAT MAKE ME HAPPY.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I used to think "those people" were crazy - and now I'm one of them too! Welcome to the club and congrats!!
  • eryka86
    eryka86 Posts: 80
    Options
    Awesomw
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    That's right! they are like, dang girl!
  • TeslaJoule
    TeslaJoule Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    LOVE! Great job!
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yahoo! That's great :happy:
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    That's right, let them look! Good Job!
  • scubabetty
    scubabetty Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Were you wearing a white t-shirt!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Experienced my first NSV yesterday. :happy:

I went out for a walk/jog after work. Weather was cloudy, but still dry. About 1/3 way through my planned route, it started to drizzle, but I decided to keep going anyways. I started to notice people at the bus stops giving me nasty looks.

Then about 1/2 way through route, it started to down pour. Since I was already wet, I just kept going. The nasty looks I was getting kept coming, I was really confused..... until..... someone in a car honked and gave me a thumbs up.... then I realised they weren't nasty looks at all they were "I wish I had her motivation / jealousy" looks :laugh:

Freakin' awesome! I love it! They were probably just checking you out :P
  • CoderGal
    Options
    LOL This :P
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I have had this same NSV! I was out running when the wind was close to 30mph, and running into it! In the past if I would have seen someone doing this I would have thought, "That girl is crazy, who would run in wind like that". And now today I think, "I am among the crazy, and I love it!"

Way to keep trucking through the tough weather! Dedication!
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Just look at walking in the rain as an opportunity to have your skin blessed with moisture!
  • NinjaChickie
    Options

HAHAHA... nope,
    They were probably just checking you out :P

I never thought of this :D
  • CoderGal
    Options

HAHAHA... nope,
    They were probably just checking you out :P

I never thought of this :D

I don't know about you, but I get the dirtiest glares ever from girls when I'm getting off the bike. If the glares were from girls and were the same as bike glares, I'd just assume they want to be you :P
  • NinjaChickie
    Options
    haha that reminds me a ride i went on last year with a friend. We were pulling out of a parking lot in Whistler village and he was in front, these girls who looked about 16 started wooting, hair flicking, blowing kisses at him, etc... he put his head down and started shaking it in a "you gotta be kidding me" kinda way..... so i unzipped my jacket a little, flashed the girls some cleavage and waved buh-bye....

those were some evil glares i got that day. but oh so satisfying.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!