need motivation and reason to keep going.

Options
2»

Replies

• kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am here for support if you want it. I just started on MFP last week. You can do this! I tell myself that every day. I want to lose a total of 50 pounds. I have only lost 7 so far but I only starting working out 8 weeks ago.

That's exactly me right now!! I want to lose 50 and have lost 7 so far :) I have only been seriously on MFP for about that long too. Feel free to add me :)
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of stuff written on my bedroom mirror, and it helps!!"

"So what if it takes a year. That year will pass anyways! Be in it for the long haul!"

"If you are tired of starting over, STOP giving up!"

"You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off your face!"

"Suck it up, and one day you won't have to suck it in!"

And my absolute favorite!:

"No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch!!!!"

You can do this! Look how far you've come already!
  • righteousonetc
    Options
    Hi my name is Adrianne and I have been in your shoes. for the past four months I didn't feel like I deserved to diet and no one cared either way. I have two children and 5 step-children. I also have 6 grandchildren who I never get to see. Last week I was sitting in my wheelchair at the bus stop and looked up at the Church across the street. I asked If it was worth it. I didn't hear anything and no one said anything but when I saw my daughter get off the school bus I was filled with the desire to do better for them and I did. I just decided that how others feel and what they say is not going to affect me. I might be in pain,I might have health problems but it is my decision where to be happy or not. I had been blaming everyone else for my mood and lack of motivation. it wasn't their fault i chose to be miserable and that takes to much energy. I am only 34 years old and I have decided no matter what I am going to live my life not just exist.
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wow, look at what you've accomplished so far with little to no support at home. That says a lot about your own internal strength and dedication! It stinks that your husband is not there for you, but you've proven that while you'd prefer him to be, you don't really need him to be on board with you in order to do this. You sound like an amazingly strong woman. Don't let your husband's issues, whatever they may be, get in the way of you reaching the goal that you've already proven you are capable of achieving. There's a ton of support from other strong, amazing people here at your fingertips; people just waiting to cheer you on! I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing your success story up here one day with your before and after pics! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of stuff written on my bedroom mirror, and it helps!!"

"So what if it takes a year. That year will pass anyways! Be in it for the long haul!"

"If you are tired of starting over, STOP giving up!"

"You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off your face!"

"Suck it up, and one day you won't have to suck it in!"

And my absolute favorite!:

"No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch!!!!"

You can do this! Look how far you've come already!
    I LOVE these! I'm so stealing them!
  • downhomechik
    Options
    Wendy -

You have some wonderful events going on and congrats on your daughter dieting with you and the upcoming grandbabies!!! I lived that life....with someone so much like that~~ so I know all too well the inner turmoil it creates.

What I can say from the other side is ... fight for your rights to be the person you wish to be...refuse to give up...It takes only your steps to make something happen not someone else's.. do what you feel is necessary to reach your goals and believe in yourself.

Insecure people try to belittle you and discount all your efforts...which is what he is doing. When you have confidence in your own self... it takes the power from them ---Own your own power. He does not have the power to make you feel like giving up. Shrug off his comments or lack of them. You do not need his comments to validate taking care of yourself. Use it as a resolve...show him you CAN and WILL succeed. While it would be nice to get the support from him in the end you don't need it. You may decide you don't need him because he isn't supporting your desires.

You've lost 25 lbs without it!!! Keep going. That is ALOT of work you did. Good & Hooray for you!!!! You have MY SUPPORT!!!!
  • xxxhelenaxxx
    xxxhelenaxxx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Do it for your health i for no other reason!!!
  • stownes66
    stownes66 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey Wendy I know how hard losing weight can be I just started 3weeks ago and the more encouragement the better, feel free to add me:flowerforyou:
  • ElHombre23
    ElHombre23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wendy Wendy Wendy on your profile you wrote the following "•wanting me to get back to the me that I want to be" I see the words ME and I in there alot...Somewhere along the line your losing perspective on why you set out to do this..it was for you. Don't change that mentality and you will succeed despite the negatives around you.
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! 25 pounds is great! You can definitely find support and encouragement here. Keep up the good work!!
  • MarynMikeS
    Options
    Wendy,

Remember the reason you are dieting. For yourself. Once you have the right motivation, you will succeed. As you go along in your quest, I bet your husband will be more supportive. Maybe not with words, but with looks and admiration for your new self. Your new self should include not only a slimmer boy, but you will have a lot more confidence!
  • marci423
    marci423 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I know I am repeating, but DO IT FOR YOURSELF! you can do it, I don't have the best of support from my husband, no negative comments, but no positive ones either....... it is a good thing I am doing it for me :o)

stick with it you are doing great! feel free to add me, but please send a message with your request!

have an awesome day and know YOU ARE WORTH IT :o)
  • JeepBrah
    JeepBrah Posts: 150
    Options
    Hi... my name is Wendy and I turned 40 yesterday and have been dieting for the past 1-1/2 months... I have lost a total of 25# counting before starting this sight and since.... one reason I joined is because I do not have the support at home... my daughter
    is dieting with me but does not live with me.... I have 3 teenagers and 1 grandson right now and expecting twins in Sept. from my
    other daughter.... I have been married for almost 9 years and it is my second marriage... I feel like giving up most days because
    of comments that I hear from him.... he tells me I need to just stop with this diet and all cause I will not stick to it and jsut learn
    to live with being what I am.... since I have started and lost the 25#, he has not said anything at all... I can not even get him to tell me
    that I am doing a good job or tell me that he can notice anything.... he is small and does not have to worry about his weight so he
    does not understand that i need to hear that he can tell and that I am doing good... guess thats just life.... I am trying to loose
    about 80 to 85 pounds and still have a long way to go.... any support or friends that understand would be nice

You have kids and a man your settled. Your doing this for yourself and no one else It wont change anything for other people. You do it to make yourself feel better and look good. It doesnt matter what others think of it or if your man doesn't say anything about it he loves you already anyway 9 year of marriage. Just keep in mind your doing it for yourself