Looking for a few friends that won't quit

Options
Hi! I've been on MFP for a couple months now, nor the second time now. I lost all my weight a year ago but then had a back injury and the lack of exercise and medications slowly put all of my weight back on. I'm 43 and have 3 children ranging from 12-16. I'm 5'8" and started out at 171.2lbs, today I hit 20lbs weight loss and am now sitting at 151lbs. My goal is 145 and if my weight is still dropping I'll try to reach 140lbs. I have a couple friends on here but find that they are not consistent or motivating.
Looking for others in my age range, because something happens when you pass 40 and the weight does not seem to come off as easy as it did before, lol!

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to be a motivating friend :)

EDIT: I'm also 43 and have 2 kids, ages 19 and 14.
  • nenniesmith
    Options
    Thanks! And wow, you've lost over 100lbs! Thats amazing, you should be so proud of yourself!!!!
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and I find you are right - the weight is really difficult to lose once you get in your 40s. I've been trying for months and lose, gain, lose, gain, the same 5 pounds over and over.
  • princessquitealot
    princessquitealot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What can I do to help? I"m 40+ and still get fidgetty when I don't exercise daily. I'm new here, but I will help if I can. Congratulations on the loss by the way. Amazing!
  • nenniesmith
    Options
    My hardest challenge was how to feed teenagers and not over eat myself. My son is 15 and 6'3" already, he is a bean poll and there is no subcutaneous fat on him anywhere. I've started incorporating much more stir frys into our daily dinners and then adding starch and heavier foods for the kids. And of course desserts, we have food allergies in the family and I bake constantly, my will power is in overdrive. Its very hard to bake and not eat!
  • js_dolphin27
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new and I'd like to add some friends to do this together, too! Feel free to add me:)
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - we have similar stats - I'm 41, have 2 kids (16 and 4). I'm 5'6" and at my heaviest (2.5 years ago) was 183 or so. I lost about 20 pounds, and then gained a little back. Started here on MFP last fall at about 165, and got down to my initial goal of 145, and changed my goal to 135. I am about 137 now. I may want to go lower than 135, but it is less about the number on the scale now and more about fitness. I love to run, and am working on increasing my distance (5 miles is my longest so far), and am the fittest I ever remember being. I also am doing strength training using kettlebells.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Well I've been here 465 days in a row, so I expect not to quit :laugh:

Feel free to add!:flowerforyou:
  • GwenetteO
    Options
    HEY, THAT'S AWSOME! I JUST STARTED MFP 2 DAYS AGO AND I AM LOOKING FOR TO DOIN THE THANG!
    I AM 43 WITH TWO CHILDREN AND THEY ARE 21 YEARS APART. A SON24 AND A DAUGHTER 3 YEARS OLD. I STARTED OUT FEB. 13, 2012 TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT STARTING WEIGHT 302 AND NOW I'M AT 293. I CAN ADMIT I WASN'T EATING RIGHT BUT NOW THAT I AN USING MFP I HOPE THINGS MOVE A LITTLE FASTER FOR ME.
  • GwenetteO
    Options
    WOW ME TOO!......LOL AMAZING
  • YDIVA1
    YDIVA1 Posts: 1
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR THE MOTIVATION TO KEEP THIS UP TODAY IS MY 3RD DAY ON MFP.........YOU ARE MY INSPERATION.
    OH BY THE WAY IM A 43 MOTHER OF AN 19 YR OLD SON....