P90x or Insanity??

Options
P90x or Insanity??? What's everyone's opinion about these 2 programs?

Replies

• Navyfreak
    Options
    I've done both programs and found that both programs are tough. P90x is more weight lifting and strength though, while insanity is more cardio, which felt harder to do for me. I've heard a hybrid of the two is usually best
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    i have done both as well. i did insanity first and found that it was pretty hard but very happy with the results. liked how you didnt have to use weights and i was seeing muscle. p90x i found boring and very easy cardio. it wasnt a challenge to me. i loved the weight lifting videos but i couldnt finish the cardio videos cuz they were long, boring and not a challenge. if anything i say insanity is better unless you are just starting and need something easier then p90x would do it.
  • vtgirl77
    vtgirl77 Posts: 69
    Options
    I've done P90X, then Insanity, then a hybrid...love 'em both :) P90X is strength and cardio on alternating days, and Insanity is definitely more cardio, but you also use your own body as resistance for strengthening...like I said, love 'em both!
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Depends what kind of results you are seeking.
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Insanity, but have not done P90X (yet). From what I have heard from other people, Insanity is much harder to do. However P90X is better if you're looking to do strength training.
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Have not done P90x but I have done insanity, I am actually on my second go for insanity now. I love it. as others have said. There is alot of cardio, and no weights. I have seen pretty good results
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    If you are a little strapped on time- Insanity. The work outs are shorter and you don't need equipment (no 'set up' time). They both hurt. :laugh:
  • Samstudent88
    Options
    Don't you have to be somewhat active or athletic to even attempt either? I've been wondering about that, but I'm afraid that I'm not at that level yet?
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I haven’t tried Insanity but I have done two rounds of P90X and am currently doing P90X2 and find the programs to be very good. I read where someone said they are a little boring which if you stick totally to the video would be the case after a period of time. I personally add reps or make the movement a bit more difficult by modifying it.

The P90X and X2 series can be done without equipment but the results are much better if you have at least weights or bands. I have friends that have done the Insanity program and love it, I also know people that do a hybrid of the two and find it to be awesome.

Good luck with whatever you choose and remember if the DVD’s sit on the coffee table or in the bookcase they will not help you lose weight or get in shape so pick something you will stick with. Beachbody has a money back guarantee so if you try one and don’t like it send it back and try something different.