"staycation" ideas

Options
VeganInTraining
VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
Hello Everyone
My hubby has tonight and tomorrow morning off work so I want to do something nice, all week we have worked opposing shifts so I haven't really seen much of him.

We are pretty much broke so I'm looking for cheap/free local ideas. I'm cooking a nice dinner and breakfast tomorrow and don't want to watch a movie b/c that's what we always do. but beyond that I'm lost. Aside from the obvious, what would you do with a night alone with your spouse after a time of not seeing him/her?

Either things in the house or out of the house are great! We live in South Jersey if anyone has good ideas for South Jersey but if not something in the house or that we could do "anywhere" would be great!
thanks

Replies

• kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    A picnic lunch (its supposed to be perfect weather here in the Northeast this weekend!!!) Pack some wine!
    Cooking together (my husband likes cooking with me for some reason)
    Hiking
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    Go out for a stroll and just talk. That would be my idea of a great night lol.
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    A picnic lunch (its supposed to be perfect weather here in the Northeast this weekend!!!) Pack some wine!
    Cooking together (my husband likes cooking with me for some reason)
    Hiking

cooking together that's a great idea! We used to do that all the time and haven't in a while
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    anyone else?
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    There is apperantly a "drive in" in Delesa? (wherever that is).
    If you have not been to a drive in before or, if it has been a while, I highly suggest it.
    My wife and I went to one a few years ago for the first time in well, since I was a little kid and my wife had NEVER been.
    We have probably gone 15 times since then.
    We bring a folding table and whatever food we are in the mood for.
    The kids LOVE it.
    And, you mentioned the weather was nice so, back up the car/truck and grab some folding chairs.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    go camping in your back yard

or

get all the chairs/pillows/blankets in the living room, build a fort, and have a pillow fight.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I are actually on a staycation right now. I think we're going to go to the dog park and set up a picnic while the pups run around.
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    go camping in your back yard

or

get all the chairs/pillows/blankets in the living room, build a fort, and have a pillow fight.

OMg I love these ideas PILLOW FIGHT!
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I live in Arizona (so not EVEN the same climate) but our regional parks do guided night hikes to look at the stars!
  • kate_n_pjs
    kate_n_pjs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    We play games (scrabble, boggle, bowling, Wii), go for a day hike at some near by parks or ride our bikes (usually to a bar)
  • llee1024
    llee1024 Posts: 16
    Options
    There's some really nice vineyards in Jersey. Tasting fees are usually pretty reasonable and you can a picnic lunch with you and buy a bottle you both like to enjoy after you are done the tastings.